Windows 10: Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

Discus and support Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Fryer, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Fryer Win User

Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7, and have found 1 very annoying problem, any time a small video plays on a website in any browser my computer completely freezes. I cant move the mouse pres Ctrl, Alt Del. nothign works i have to hard reboot my PC. 1st i had thought it a video driver issue so have updated them but yet it still happens, i have played videos through Plex and have watched a few episodes of a show back to back and no problems it only seems to happen in a browser.

Any help much appreciated

:)

Fryer, Nov 3, 2015
  2. AlanFryer Win User

tried all of the above and same probelm, tried updating flash and java and other drivers but still same. have now just fresh installed windows but as yet not tested if still have problem will try again when home tonight.

AlanFryer, Nov 3, 2015
  3. Erdeslawe Win User
    Erdeslawe, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Computer Freezes during video playback in any browser - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes during

2. Video playback freezes and same in a web browser after update of Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Video playback freezes and same in a web browser after update of Windows 10: Video playback freezes and same in a web browser tried with Edge, chrome, firefox after update of Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-playback-freezes-and-same-in-a-web-browser/e44ad532-c80f-4fc5-8129-8efb7ef51faf
  3. PC completely freezes during video playback

PC completely freezes during video playback: Any time I watch back one of the videos on any of my hard drives the video randomly stops and my PC just freezes up after about 2 mins of watching. sometimes i can close the media player and move the mouse around but nothing will work. Also sometimes i can hit Ctrl Alt Del...
  4. Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls

Computer repeatedly freezing during video calls: Hello! I have an XPS 13 9365. Manufactured in 2017. Windows 10, 64 bit. BIOS 1.5.0. Processor i7 CPU @ 1.3 GHz, 16gb ram I have had trouble in both Google Meet as well as Zoom in having sustained conversations without having my computer freeze up. It usually happens every...
  5. Computer Locks Up During Video Playback

Computer Locks Up During Video Playback: I have a brand new Asus flipbook running Windows 10 that crashes during any kind of video playback (streaming or downloaded). I’m able to watch video for about five minutes before video and sound freezes, resulting in a loud digital buzzing noise, and can no longer operate...
  6. PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.)

PC Freezes During All Video Playback (YouTube, Netflix, etc.): Okay, so just recently my Windows 10 laptop (Acer Aspire ES 15) has started to freeze a few minutes after I start watching a video, whether it be on YouTube or Netflix. The whole system COMPLETELY freezes (cursor unresponsive, Ctrl+Shift+Esc won't open task manager,...
  7. Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local)

Windows 10 hard freezes during video playback (streamed or local): So, I have a Lenovo ideapad 320-15ABR running Windows 10 (version 1803, OS build 17134.165) and it has only been running for a few short months. When playing local video files or streaming video from youtube, I experience short freezes that resolve themselves intermittently...
  8. Video Playback Freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Playback Freezes: Hi all~ When I play videos on my laptop, the picture and audio will freeze after about 15 minutes while the timeline continues to move. If I wait for a minute, the picture will suddenly fast forward, trying to catch up to the timeline, while the audio resumes normally. Once...
  9. Flickering video during playback on YT and FB

in Windows 10 Support
    Flickering video during playback on YT and FB: If I play a video on MPC its fine, but if i play a youtube video or facebook video it flickers...is there a fix for this as ive literally fresh installed this 2 days ago and nothing but problems with it and thinking about loading my win7 backup back on running latest...
  10. Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Video routinely freezes during playback under Windows 10: When Windows 10 came out, I upgraded to it as soon as it was allowable. I had the following issue immediately after upgrading: * Every 60 seconds the video of any movie (mkv/mp4/avi) seems to freeze for 1-2 secs, but the audio continues just fine while the video then...