Windows 10: Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys

Discus and support Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; From the past 10 days or so I am getting frequent system freezes. This happens even when I am not gaming and has no pattern. There's no error and never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by eddy4823, Mar 14, 2018.

1. eddy4823 Win User

Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys

From the past 10 days or so I am getting frequent system freezes. This happens even when I am not gaming and has no pattern. There's no error and never had a BSOD until today which had SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION win32kbase.sys.

What I've tried

Bought new HDD and removed Old ones which were low in health.
    Removed 1 Stick of RAM which is old, did that and got BSOD while I was AFK.
    Tested GPU at my friend's home - worked fine.
    Temps are fine (GPU Max 81 and CPU Max 60).

Please note that when this system freeze occurs, all cabinet fans and light keep working. Mouse and Keyboard lose power and Monitor is stuck where it is. (Pressed CAPS LOCK on Keyboard and light status didn't change.

:)

eddy4823, Mar 14, 2018

2. My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's

So, I've been having this problem for months now, and I cannot for the life of me figure out what is wrong.

My computer randomly freezes or BSOD's at least once a day, My computer has no dust in the fans, nothing is blocking them either, so overheating is out of the way, I think it is more than likely software.

The one BSOD stop code I can remember is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_ERROR" "win32kbase.sys", the last one always changes, sometimes it just isn't there. That BSOD happened about an hour ago.

When it doesn't BSOD it just freezes, usually with a loud pop in my headset, when it freezes my monitors stay on, same as my keyboard and mouse, but I cant do anything on there the audio doesn't work and the fans and lights inside the computer stay on, I
    have no idea what is happening, and am desperate to fix it.

Thanks.

AlexHolmes1658, Mar 14, 2018
  3. what to do when after Windows 10 Upgrade the computer freezes suddenly?

Hi,

Since the upgrade to Windows 10, while working on the computer, it suddenly and frequently freezes up.

Thanks for helping me solve this problem.

EGW

Edda Geisinger Wilkinson, Mar 14, 2018
Thema:

Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys

1. Computer freezes frequently while working - BSOD win32kbase.sys - Similar Threads - Computer freezes frequently

2. Frequent freezing & BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent freezing & BSOD: Hello, I hope this is the right place for posting this.I am having problems with Win10Pro on my laptop. It randomly freezes and throws the BSOD. Usually the error shown is either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or UNEXPECTED_STORAGE_EXCEPTION. Strangely the computer can behave itself...
  3. Frequent computer freezing leading to BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent computer freezing leading to BSOD: My computer will just completely freeze multiple times a day. It’s a new Lenovo ideapad flex 5 so u have no idea why this happens so much. I will just be trying to move the mouse and the cursor is suddenly stuck, and my computer can’t do anything. If I let it stay this way...
  4. BSOD and frequent freezes

BSOD and frequent freezes: Hi, As said in the subject I have continuous BSODs and freezes on Windows 10. I noticed that happens only on certain startups: if I run the pc for half an hour without having any issue, it continues running without issues even for days if I don't shut it down. Otherwise, if...
  5. Frequent BSOD issues while operating computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD issues while operating computer: I get frequent BSOD and freezes while operating my computer. Sometimes even while the computer is booting up. I can't figure out why and I have already replaced the RAM and a few other things. I got some logs, so was wondering if others could investigate the issue....
  6. win32kbase BSOD

win32kbase BSOD: Had a random crash yesterday, first in I don't know how long. OSR says it's related to hardware, WhoCrashed says it isn't, and Windbg says memory corruption. I can't find anything more helpful or specific so I'm asking here. Supposedly the minidump should be in the zip...
  7. Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD

Frequent BSOD while working - IMPERSONATING_WORKER_THREAD: Hi there! We were doing fine with a computer upgrading to Windows 10, and it worked good for a while. However, now we're getting this BSOD several times a day, seemingly at random. I've updated all the drivers on the PC and tried to find any sort of solution online, but...
  8. Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys

Frequent BSODs - L1C63x64.sys: Since upgrading to Windows 10 I am getting frequent BSODs with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in L1C634x64.sys especially when the network is loaded (heavy bit torrent activity) Googling has led me to believe that it is problems lies with my Atheros driver so I have updated...
  9. Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's

Frequent dxgmms2.sys related BSOD's: Since the last windows update I get frequent crashes with the above source referenced. My Nvidia graphic driver is overwritten by a seemingly unstable one by windows update. My only resolution to cure the problem is to roll back to an older version, whereby I can play...
  10. Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys

Frequent BSOD Wdf01000.sys: I've been getting BSODs when leaving my computer idle. Not running anything intensive. From looking at the minidump file I can't find much other than it's probably because of the Wdf01000.sys driver. Hopefully you can get all of the information you need from the .zip file I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win32kbase.sys