Windows 10: Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts on wake

Discus and support Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts on wake in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a Dell E6520 running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. When I wake my computer and try to click on one of the fact tabs to find out more about the Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hysterix, Jul 10, 2021.

1. hysterix Win User

Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts on wake

I have a Dell E6520 running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. When I wake my computer and try to click on one of the fact tabs to find out more about the Windows spotlight, the computer freezes and I have to do a forced restart. I was able to fix it temporarily by resetting and re-registering Windows spotlight, but the problem came back after a few days. I know there is an obvious solution: just disable Windows spotlight or just don't click on it, but I find the Windows spotlight interesting and would like to fix it. Does anyone know how to permanently stop this freezing?

:)

hysterix, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Spotlight

Hi,

Windows spotlight is an option for the lock screen background that displays different background images and occasionally offers suggestions on the lock screen. For us to better isolate your concern, we'd like to gather more information:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Are you able to use spotlight before?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow these steps to modify Lock screen background to spotlight:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Personalization and select Lock screen.
    • Under Background, choose Windows spotlight.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 10, 2021
  3. coffent Win User
    How to stop mouse movement from waking the computer?

Thanks lgentry. I have a Microsoft wired keyboard and a Logitech wireless mouse. Under Device Manager>Keyboards it lists two "HID Keyboard Device"s and the Microsoft keyboard. Unchecking the "Allow this device to wake the computer" for the two HID keyboards fixed the problem as you suggested. Weird that one must prevent "keyboards" from waking the computer to in fact prevent the mouse from waking it.

coffent, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Dyan Rey Win User

Windows Spotlight on the lock screen

Hi,

There are multiple causes on why you're encountering this issue. To further troubleshoot the issue, we suggest that you disable and re-enable Spotlight. Simply follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop and open Personalize.
    • Open Lock Screen tab.
    • Under Background, switch from Windows Spotlight to a Picture or the Slideshow.
    • Click OK and close the Window.
    • Now Log off and log in.
    • Navigate to Lock screen and enable Windows Spotlight again.

Let us know how it works.

Dyan Rey, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts on wake - Similar Threads - Computer freezes click

2. [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages: Hey!I've found a bug with Windows Spotlight's Tips feature.As of recently like a week, Windows Spotlight has started showing image descriptions like those poetical sentences you see on the lockscreen in other languages that I don't even have language packages installed for....
  3. [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [BUG] Windows Spotlight Lockscreen facts suddenly in foreign languages: Hey!I've found a bug with Windows Spotlight's Tips feature.As of recently like a week, Windows Spotlight has started showing image descriptions like those poetical sentences you see on the lockscreen in other languages that I don't even have language packages installed for....
  4. Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer freezes if I click the Windows spotlight facts when waking from sleep: I have a Dell E6520 running Windows 10 Pro 20H2. When I wake my computer and try to click on one of the fact tabs to find out more about the Windows spotlight, the computer freezes and I have to do a forced restart. I was able to fix it temporarily by resetting and...
  5. Windows freezes on wake up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes on wake up: Hello,My PC is up-to-date.Drivers are up-to-date.I have not installed any new software.Problem: Windows freezes on startup. I have run s system file check and it seems to find corrupt files every time and fixes them.After that I check health and restore health with Dism, but...
  6. Windows Spotlight Fun Fact

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Spotlight Fun Fact: Recently I reinstalled my Windows 10 Pro 20H2 Version. after that in lock screen I'm not able to set windows spot light as lock screen wallpaper. on the top the window *some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. But I'm using my personnel laptop. How...
  7. Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer stopped waking on mouse clicks: I've always restarted my computer before going to bed at night. Then it goes to sleep after three hours. When I get on it in the morning, I double click the mouse, and it's up and running in a few seconds. Except today, the mouseclicks didn't wake the computer. Yesterday...
  8. Windows Spotlight images freezed

Windows Spotlight images freezed: Hi There, My Windows 10 pro 64 spotlight service stopped worked. I tried solutions provided on below URLs. 1. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello/windows-spotlight-lock-screen-picture-wont-change/443cc26c-29f1-4481-80c9-6fb7130f6191 2....
  9. Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?

Turn off Windows Spotlight "Fun Facts"?: My windows spotlight lock screen is covered with obnoxious "Fun Facts" that ruin otherwise beautiful images. Is there a way to turn this off? I'm using Windows 10 Pro. I tried a method suggested in another thread (switch the lock screen to "Picture" or "Slide Show", turn...
  10. Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 1083: how to disable facts and tips in the Spotlight locksreen?: I just want a clean Spotlight lockscreen, no ads, no tips. Is it still possible this on Windows 1803 playing with the registry? 111741