Windows 10: Computer freezes loading desktop

Discus and support Computer freezes loading desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Power on, get login screen, login and computer starts coming up with desktop display, and freezes before icons and apps load.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dmm1306, May 7, 2021.

1. Dmm1306 Win User

Computer freezes loading desktop

Power on, get login screen, login and computer starts coming up with desktop display, and freezes before icons and apps load.

:)

Dmm1306, May 7, 2021
  2. Stew_B Win User

Computer FREEZE at Desktop display

I have had similar experience. But mine is more random, and occurs when clicking the start menu. It will partially load then freeze the computer. The only way out is to hard shut down. THis happens randomly a number of times per day, and occassionally
    immediately again upon reboot. I have since done a recovery to 8.1 and all is well now. THe suggested steps did no good. THere is a bug in Win10. Probably should stop with the workaround suggestions and try to find/fix the issue.

Stew_B, May 7, 2021
  3. SLI freezes computer

Hi,
    Recently i have been having many issues with SLI. I can enable it and run SLI on my desktop, but then whenever i go to play anygame the game always freezes at the menu or when it is loading. All the games work flawlessly with SLI disabled. Any suggestions?

binsky3333, May 7, 2021
  4. Computer freezes loading desktop

Desktop freeze after log in

Hi Keith,

In order for us to find out what causes your desktop to freeze after logging in, we would like to gather more information:

• Did you make any recent changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • When the computer freezes, do you get an error message?

Regards.

Dennis Mop, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezes loading desktop

1. Computer freezes loading desktop - Similar Threads - Computer freezes loading

2. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  3. Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes when loading up in a game.: Computer seems to be running fine until I want to get into a game. I updated my NVIDIA GTX960 with the latest driver. Also did all my systems checks with the PC and Memory as well. Still the same problem with, when I get into a game it either freezes my whole computer, to...
  4. Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, i encounter freeze after loading to desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, can't figure out how to fix problem. PC start on desktop but freeze and can't click anything, cursor is moving. Anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/bratora97 [link] [comments]...
  5. Virtual Desktop Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop Freezes Computer: I decided to give virtual desktops a try and I almost got excited until I ran into freezing issues. It happened twice today along the following lines:1. Open a second virtual desktop.2. Show Outlook and Teams windows on all desktops.3. I think this is most important. Open SQL...
  6. Virtual Desktop Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Desktop Freezes Computer: I decided to give virtual desktops a try and I almost got excited until I ran into freezing issues. It happened twice today along the following lines:1. Open a second virtual desktop.2. Show Outlook and Teams windows on all desktops.3. I think this is most important. Open SQL...
  7. Computer Freeze on Loading Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freeze on Loading Boot: Motherboard: ASRock Z390 CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz RAM: 32GB G. Skill 16GB x2 DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Problem: So I was using my computer normally a one day it just stop working, at first it...
  8. Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 freezes at loading or desktop.: Hi, Windows 10 is freezing on my custom PC. It does boot to safe mode, though. I was able to do a little work on it there, but it didn't resolve the issue. I checked my reliability report and found a few items. Here they are. Adobe Acrobat DC Windows Installer reconfigured...
  9. Computer Freezes on Loading Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes on Loading Screen: Hey, all Normally I'm able to solve my issues myself. Google is my best friend, but I truly have not been able to find a solution to this one. I have a dual CPU desktop workstation that came with Windows 7. I upgraded to Win10, everything seemed fine, then I tried to...
  10. Slow loading desktop and freezing issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow loading desktop and freezing issues: So for the past month I been having issues with logging in my computer. It would load my desktop slowly or freeze if I leave it the I see the mouse with the loading icon and it will load for an hour. I try restarting multi times. I also went into safe mode and it loads fine I...