Windows 10: Computer freezes, monitor goes black and fans go to max revs

Discus and support Computer freezes, monitor goes black and fans go to max revs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I built a new computer a few month back which has worked fins up untill a month or so ago. The computer then started to freeze, the monitor went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Magnus.s, Jul 30, 2021.

1. Magnus.s Win User

Computer freezes, monitor goes black and fans go to max revs

Hi,I built a new computer a few month back which has worked fins up untill a month or so ago. The computer then started to freeze, the monitor went black and the fans instantly went to max revs. The only thing I can do to stop this is to make a hard shutdown holding the power button.The problem seems to be associated with, or started/occured most frequently while I was playing a game Assassins Creed Valhalla. I have been in contact with their Ubisoft support who says this type of error is most likely related to third party drivers or software outside their control. After having taken sever

:)

Magnus.s, Jul 30, 2021
  2. anaron Win User

Primary monitor randomly goes black

Got a monitor issue. Looked at other posts about this issue be could not find anything addressing my issue. Over the past few months, my primary monitor randomly (no pattern to the issue) goes black but the led shows it to still be working. Secondary monitor is working. Only way to get the primary back is to reboot the computer. I tried reversing the DVI-D cable but no luck, primary still goes black. Regardless of which monitor is set to primary, that is the monitor that goes black. The monitor set as secondary never goes black. Any ideas?

anaron, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Monitor goes black after playing games

Lately, after I quit a game, it happens that the monitor goes black and goes basically in some kind of standby. It doesn't happen always (today it's just the second time that it happens), but I really don't understand what the problem could be. I cannot really tell even if it's just the monitor or the whole computer freezes, in fact, I've been forced to restart the pc using the button. Any help, please?

liveAndrew, Jul 30, 2021
  4. DocRocks Win User

Monitor goes black

My external monitor loses connection with my laptop 3-4 times per week. First it goes to blue screen with no connection message, then it goes black. Sometimes the image returns in 1-3 minutes, often never without ctl-alt-del then signing in to my account.
    Is this a computer video problem or possible virus?

DocRocks, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer freezes, monitor goes black and fans go to max revs - Similar Threads - Computer freezes monitor

2. COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK: I have a 4070tiCore i9Prebuilt.My computer suddenly gets very loud, unusual type loud even when I'm gaming. Fans I assume are on 100%. My screen goes black, refuses to display anything. My HDMI is connected to the graphics card. This is a recent thing. Mind you, there is...
  3. COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPUTER FANS SUDDENLY VERY LOUD, ON 100%, MONITOR GOES BLACK: I have a 4070tiCore i9Prebuilt.My computer suddenly gets very loud, unusual type loud even when I'm gaming. Fans I assume are on 100%. My screen goes black, refuses to display anything. My HDMI is connected to the graphics card. This is a recent thing. Mind you, there is...
  4. !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%

!HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%: So has above-mentioned, during use, eventually after X amount of time, both monitors will go black but not show the no signal found and GPU fan go to 100%. GPU temperature at that moment are around 66 Celsius highest recorded temperature . I sent it for RMA and the...
  5. !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    !HELP - Monitors go black and GPU fan go to 100%: So has above-mentioned, during use, eventually after X amount of time, both monitors will go black but not show the no signal found and GPU fan go to 100%. GPU temperature at that moment are around 66 Celsius highest recorded temperature . I sent it for RMA and the...
  6. Monitors lose input and Fans Max Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors lose input and Fans Max Crash: GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GPUIntel Core i7-13700KF CPUDeepCool Castle 240EX Cooler32GB DDR5-5200MHz RAMGigabyte Z790 UD MBLANCOOL II RGB Case3x Pure Wings 2 120mm FansThermaltake 850 Watts PSUM27U -- 27 inch / 4K / 160hzVG27 -- 27 inch / 1440p / 170hzSomewhat at random, both of my...
  7. Monitors lose input and Fans Max Crash

Monitors lose input and Fans Max Crash: GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GPUIntel Core i7-13700KF CPUDeepCool Castle 240EX Cooler32GB DDR5-5200MHz RAMGigabyte Z790 UD MBLANCOOL II RGB Case3x Pure Wings 2 120mm FansThermaltake 850 Watts PSUM27U -- 27 inch / 4K / 160hzVG27 -- 27 inch / 1440p / 170hzSomewhat at random, both of my...
  8. Windows crashes, screen goes black, fans go too 100%

Windows crashes, screen goes black, fans go too 100%: Hello,I built a new PC recently and it crashes sometimes with one specific game only, none of my other games crash it. It doesn't generate a dump file and when I look up the system journal I see this error:Fault bucket BAD_DUMPFILE, type 0Event Name: LiveKernelEventResponse:...
  9. Computer randomly restarting with fans going to max

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly restarting with fans going to max: Hello all,I recently bought a CyberpowerPC pre-built gaming desktop exactly a month ago. For the past 4 days, my computer has been restarting itself randomly. Normally , it'll do it when I am using the computer in some fashion, but it has done it from a desktop without me...
  10. Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitors Go Black and Fans Spin Fast/ Loud: Hi folks, Over the last two or three days my computer is doing this wierd thing where even just in Windows browsing the web the screens will go blank and the fans will start spinning very loud and fast as if on full power. It first happened while in the menu of the...