Windows 10: Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?

Discus and support Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My PC freezes pretty much every day. I have to do a hard restart; task manager does not work when it is frozen. I get no BSOD. Should I post in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stevieray, Feb 10, 2017.

1. stevieray Win User

Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here?

My PC freezes pretty much every day. I have to do a hard restart; task manager does not work when it is frozen.

I get no BSOD.

Should I post in this thread or another?

:)

stevieray, Feb 10, 2017

2. Windows 10 version 10.0.14393.105 keeps crashing

Hi Gerry,

I followed your directions and could not locate the dump file. After an internet search and a search of my computer I found a memory.dmp file that I thought you could use. However, the memory.dmp file was created earlier this year - not much use to anyone.
    I have checked the setting to make sure my computer should create a memory dump in the event of a crash which it does. So as a result of that my guess is that my computer is just freezing. Because, what happened was that each time it froze I would wait a little
    while then when nothing happened I would restart it rather than wait for the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD). Assuming the BSoD would follow the freezing.

No need to reply I will look answers to freezing problems. I have already marked your post as helpful. Thanks.

Cheers,

Alex

AlexRodriguez_1973, Feb 10, 2017
  3. DanPin Win User
    Constant computer failures after system startup or resume

Oh, great.

Now with the Creators Update, I'm going to experience additional BSoDs and constant computer freezes as usual. If I run the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool, it will either freeze or continue to run with no problems.

The BSoD I experienced was KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

DanPin, Feb 10, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

This section is for BSOD analysis only as it clearly states at the top. Try the General section instead.

philc43, Feb 10, 2017
Thema:

1. Computer freezes, no BSOD. Should I post it here? - Similar Threads - Computer freezes BSOD

2. DPC DOG VIOLATION BSOD - Computer freeze - Not posting with RTX 4080 GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC DOG VIOLATION BSOD - Computer freeze - Not posting with RTX 4080 GPU: Hello, i have some issues with new pc freezing and doing bsod with code DPC_DOG_VIOLATION. After some bsods pc doesnt post with the GPU. It posts only if i remove it.I tryed different GPU and it works fine. I have the dumb files if someone can check them for me and tell me...
  3. DPC DOG VIOLATION BSOD - Computer freeze - Not posting with RTX 4080 GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC DOG VIOLATION BSOD - Computer freeze - Not posting with RTX 4080 GPU: Hello, i have some issues with new pc freezing and doing bsod with code DPC_DOG_VIOLATION. After some bsods pc doesnt post with the GPU. It posts only if i remove it.I tryed different GPU and it works fine. I have the dumb files if someone can check them for me and tell me...
  4. My ram is frozen, idk if i should post it here, but i think it's because i haven't updated...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My ram is frozen, idk if i should post it here, but i think it's because i haven't updated...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/devimkr [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/yxcwn7/my_ram_is_frozen_idk_if_i_should_post_it_here_but/
  5. `Sync Email. First Post Here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    `Sync Email. First Post Here: I want to sync my Lap Top to my Android Mobile. Has someone got a link where I can start to learn. Outlook in particular. Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-email-first-post-here/1c460e09-764d-4667-846d-9276325e6420
  6. Should I have 2 profiles here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Should I have 2 profiles here: I ask because my network changes from Private to Public. Happens on 3 computers running WiFi. I have no internet when this happens. All Win 10 2004 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\Profiles\ On a brand new Intel NUC within 20...
  7. Computer freezes to BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes to BSOD: For a few mouths now my PC has bin freezing when i play games on it, it was here and there at first, but now it barely gets to star before it freezes, the voice chats still work, but the in game audio loops and repeats in till BSOD, it is always the same stop code...
  8. Post computer rebuild bsods

Post computer rebuild bsods: Okay, recently a friend helped me update my windows desktop after some parts began failing. Seemed good for about a day, and then I started getting multiple bsods. The stopcodes I got were different each time, in order: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED WHAT FAILED:...
  9. Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD

Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD: Ok to post Explorer.exe crash dumps here? It is not a BSOD 101351
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...