Windows 10: computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help?

Discus and support computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Computer freezes up when I try to launch video game. Please help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Panther6942, Dec 15, 2019.

1. computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help?

Computer freezes up when I try to launch video game. Please help!

:)

Panther6942, Dec 15, 2019

2. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

Hello,

I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in event viewer after the fact directly related to the freeze. It can definitely be traced down to youtube or twitch with the game playing however. I have updated Adobe Flash and it didn't seem to change anything. I normally run Chrome so I tried IE (gross) last night and had the same issue, so it doesn't seem to be browser specific.

My video card is running at a cool 50-65 degrees so it doesn't appear to be an overheating issue. I have even tweaked my fan profiles to be a bit more aggressive for cooling. I have tried many different driver configurations and the same issue occurs. Yes, I do overclock my video card, but have rolled it back to default for the purposes of troubleshooting, even with it rolled back to default the same issue occurs. It doesn't seem to have an exact timing as well, sometimes it can be up for hours with youtube or twitch, sometimes it will only take an hour or so before it hard freezes. I have broken out my best Google-Fu but still come up empty. My power settings are all set to not hibernate, not sleep. I am running on a clean install of Windows 10 as well.

Some suggestions that I have rolled across are PSU related, I am running a 700w corsair that is only about 2 years old and with my configuration I don't think that is the smoking gun (especially since it only occurs with youtube, twitch open).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

That1guy2007, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help?

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help?

1. computer freezes now when I try to play video game. Can you help? - Similar Threads - computer freezes try

2. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help: My computer has been frequently freezing while playing video games for the past year. My screen will freeze on whatever the current image is and no input will change the screen. I have to hold down the power button on my pc. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, from very...
  3. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help: My computer has been frequently freezing while playing video games for the past year. My screen will freeze on whatever the current image is and no input will change the screen. I have to hold down the power button on my pc. It doesn't matter what game I'm playing, from very...
  4. PC Freezes when I play video games, I need help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  6. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  7. computer freezes when i play a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes when i play a game.: My computer freezes when i play a game, i play it for like 1-5 minutes and then my screen freezes and the only way to fix it is to reboot the computer manually. I figured out that the problem causing this is this...
  8. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  9. computer freezes when trying to play games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer freezes when trying to play games: Hello im am having trouble with my computer not sure what happened but i cant start games everytime i do my computer freezes and i have to power down, i have been getting alot of blue screen errors ive tried everything i can think of including memory scans, cpu scans...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...