Windows 10: Computer freezes on normal tasks

Discus and support Computer freezes on normal tasks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Winver: 20H2 OS build 19042.804 Since about 2 weeks ago, my PC started freezing while I'm browsing, opening a folder, opening a desktop app like Skype... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Feb 15, 2021.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Computer freezes on normal tasks

Winver: 20H2 OS build 19042.804

Since about 2 weeks ago, my PC started freezing while I'm browsing, opening a folder, opening a desktop app like Skype or Slack, or anything really.

This happens randomly. I could have a day without any issue, but more often than not, I'll have a freeze at least twice a day.

For example, I can have a company meeting using Hangouts and I'll try to open a folder or an app and then the mouse and keyboard are no longer responsive, the cam of the other people in the chat is frozen but the voice chat is still active. I can hear them but I didn't check if they can hear me.

Since this happened too many times, I decided to seek help and ask here if anyone can please help me figure out what's wrong.

I attached logs.

Thank you.

-PC-(2021-02-15_19-14-52).zip
    systeminfo.zip

:)

2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 15, 2021
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Computer freezes on normal tasks

I cannot access Windows Update or Backup or Task Manager in my Windows 10 computer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows Insider Builds.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the operating system, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • What is the error message/ error code that you receive with respect to Task Manager?
    • Does this issue persists in Safe mode as well?

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to boot the computer in Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Follow the steps to place the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys to open
      Run command.
    • Type msconfig and press
      Enter.
    • In the System Configuration window, click on
      General tab.
    • Select Start-up selection as
      Normal startup, click on Apply
      and Ok.
    • Follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I suggest you to end the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• As Task Manager is not working press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
      and check if Task Manager pops-up or press Ctrl+ Alt+ Delete and check if it helps.
    • Under Process tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 3: I suggest you to Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezes on normal tasks

1. Computer freezes on normal tasks - Similar Threads - Computer freezes normal

2. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  3. Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes in safe mode but NOT in normal mode: I am having a very strange problem where my computer only freezes in safe mode but not during normal use. I was having some stuttering issues with a game so I decided to use DDU and reinstall my graphics driver. It's best to do this in safe mode, but every time my computer...
  4. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  5. "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "System" task in Task Manager- What is the Normal CPU Usage for This Task?: hello, there is a task in Task Manager titled "System", I know what this process is, but I was wondering what the normal percentage of CPU that this process should consume, actually is?currently on idle, System uses about 0-0.3% but it usually sits at 0.1%. when under a...
  6. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  7. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal: When I'm playing a game, randomly it will freeze and make a noise like windows has blue screened for a few seconds, then it goes back to normalPC specs:CPU: AMD FX 8320 Eight-Core Processor 3.5ghzRam: 16gbStorage: 256gb SSD for boot drive1tb hdd for storageGPU: Radeon RX 570...
  8. Computer freezes for a second then goes back to normal

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer sometimes gets freeze on screen, but works normally on monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes gets freeze on screen, but works normally on monitor: Hi everyone,My computer has been having an annoying issue that it sometimes gets freeze when I am using it on its screen. The screen just randomly gets freeze with no signal of response. However, I think other sensors are still working since the backlit light of my keyboard...
  10. Computer sometimes gets freeze on screen, but works normally on monitor

Computer sometimes gets freeze on screen, but works normally on monitor: Hi everyone,My computer has been having an annoying issue that it sometimes gets freeze when I am using it on its screen. The screen just randomly gets freeze with no signal of response. However, I think other sensors are still working since the backlit light of my keyboard...