Windows 10: Computer freezes on restart

Discus and support Computer freezes on restart in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have had a few issues with my new HP Pavilion Pc570-P027, and now a new one. Whenever I restart the system (click restart) I get a blank screen with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by MikeyChris, Nov 24, 2017.

1. Computer freezes on restart

I have had a few issues with my new HP Pavilion Pc570-P027, and now a new one. Whenever I restart the system (click restart) I get a blank screen with RESTARTING in the middle of the screen, and that's it! I can let it sit for hours, and nothing happens. I have to hold the power button down for about 5 seconds to turn it off, then I can turn it on, and all is well. I don't know if it matters, but the boot drive is an SSD. The system is less than two months old (and has random video instability) but until a couple days ago, it would restart OK. Yes, I'm sure I have done something because (in trying to solve other issues) I have set SLEEP and POWER DOWN to NEVER (which doesn't work, it still sleeps and tries to do Auto Login even though the reg entry is set to zero), but I don't know what. Any ideas?
    Thanx!

:)

MikeyChris, Nov 24, 2017
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Computer freezing and restarting

Hi Nick,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Perform a Clean boot and check the performance.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

As you have mentioned that you have reinstall Windows then it seems to be issue in hardware of the computer. I suggest you to check with system manufacturer for further support. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 24, 2017
  3. Computer freezing and restarting

Hey guys,

So, here's my problem: my computer has started freezing up recently. First the screen will freeze and my sound will keep repeating the last 1 second of whatever was being played (it sounds like a robot having a heart attack), after 8 seconds
    of this my comp will restart itself. This happens about 2 times a day.

This problem normally happens during gaming, but has also happened once when I was writing an essay in Word for a couple of hours.

I have tried everything I know and have been searching google for the last 2 weeks. Nothing seems to work.

Here's what I've tried:

Ran SFC - found nothing.

Ran DISM - found nothing.

Ran Avast - found nothing.

Error checked drives - found nothing.

Updated drivers - all up to date.

Checked temperature - nothing overheating.

Checked CPU usage and other processes - no memory leaks.

Formatted my whole comp and reinstalled windows - worked for 1 day then crashes started again.

After reinstalling I noticed in the reliability monitor a warning error from the first day after formatting:
    "IDT High Definition Audio CODEC. Unsuccessful driver installation."

However, I've gone to Devices and made sure all my drivers are up to date. Crashes are still happening.

So, I uninstalled the driver, then reinstalled some older version of it. Thought things were fixed for a while - comp went one day without crashing - then the crashing came back. So updated again. Crashing seems less frequent now (once every other day).

Critical events says this:

"The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0xffffe0015a6f7000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8016a2d5860). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052816-6828-01.dmp. Report Id: 3d9fbe4c-bac2-4658-9df7-a593ae0eae92."

Here are the last 3 minidump files, all coming from the same sort of freezing: Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Like I said, mainly seems to happening during gaming - but has happened once when I was only using word and chrome. Computer is one year old, running windows 10 and hasn't been moved or banged so I don't think it's hardware damage. I have no idea what to
    do anymore. I am losing my mind.

SAVE ME SUPERMAN/MANS. YOU'RE MY ONLY HOPE.

Much love,

Nick

NickRinkDink, Nov 24, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Computer freezes on restart

1) This is a log collector that we use in the bsod forum. It will collect msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, installed, uninstalled, drivers, event viewer log, etc. Please run the log collector and post a zip into the thread for troubleshooting.
    BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

2) download and install: HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support

3) power on the computer and repetitively click the F2 key. Open the HP UEFI diagnostics and run the loop until failure test overnight. The next day if the test is still running that is a good sign. If it has run at least 2 passes then click the keyboard escape key to abort the testing. Then view the log to confirm the test results. If the test aborted it found a problem and posted a HP code. Post the test results into the thread.

4) Please update the system specs in the "My Computer" section:
    How To Fill Out Your System Specs
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums General Tips Tutorials
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.
    After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.
    System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Include PSU. cooler, case, peripherals and anything attached to the computer by wired or wireless (mouse, keyboard, headset, printer, xbox, etc.)

zbook, Nov 24, 2017
  5. MrHudson Win User
    I been reading in other forums, HP has been having issues with their computers ever since Win 8. HP knows there is a problem and don't want to address it unless they can make money off it.
    I bought this HP 15 brand new in Feb 2017, it crashed and had no option to restore back to factor default settings. I contacted HP support they said there was no warranty cause this laptop was activated back in Oct 2015. In BIOS, it shows a Born On Date of the day I bought it and set it all up. HP support wanted me to pay $100 to tell me how to do a hard reset.
    I downloaded the ISO and did clean install.

MrHudson, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer freezes on restart

1. Computer freezes on restart - Similar Threads - Computer freezes restart

2. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  3. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  4. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  5. Game freezes computer then restarts

Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  6. Game freezes computer then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  7. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  8. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts: My computer has started randomly freezing the video output, but audio will still play for a few seconds before the whole computer restarts. I believe the issue is a faulty driver. I ran the driver verifier and was given the error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION for the...
  9. My computer freezes and then restarts

My computer freezes and then restarts: My computer freezes and then restarts, upgrades from Windows 8 to Windows 10, has 3 years with me, any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-and-then-restarts/3bfcdf2e-cb2e-4f31-852d-31ab21ee34a4
  10. computer freezes on restart

computer freezes on restart: running windows 1709 every time i restart i have to do a hard restart because the computer freezes before it will fully shut down and restart . This only happens when when i do windows updates. So i am unable to do 1803 update because of this all drivers are up to date...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer freezes on restart