Windows 10: Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

Discus and support Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear Sirs, I have now for a few weeks suffered from Windows 10 freezing up when playing War Thunder through Steam. Occasionally I have recieved a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrikSommerfeld, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

Dear Sirs,

I have now for a few weeks suffered from Windows 10 freezing up when playing War Thunder through Steam. Occasionally I have recieved a BSOD but 95% of the time it is only a freeze followed by two failed attempts to log in to Windows freeze again at windows start up, then thrown into the Windows repair menu with try to repair Windows start up never succeeds in repairing anything and after that it is hit and miss for a couple of times and all of a sudden, Windows will start up as if nothing has happened.

I have reinstalled Windows, updated drivers. Checking the Event viewer, it looks like a lot of warnings and errors but according to some people that I have asked, this is quite common ?? I am now at my wits end. Not sure what step to take next. Could anyone please give me any directions on what to do?

Best regards

Patrik

:)

PatrikSommerfeld, Aug 13, 2020

2. reboot/freeze problem

my computer runs fine for about 20-30 minutes and then reboots/freezes(sometime it reboots, sometimes it freezes)
    i have an evga 680i A1 board, 4x1gig xms2 dhx, q6600, 2x8800ultra's, 2x150gb raptors, pci-e wireless n card.

i have tried running the computer at stock speeds and voltages and have the same problem, so it's not an overclock issue.

it seems to be a software problem. but where do i start? the computer run @3.6ghz can run all night(9hours) orthos stable, but when im using it, it locks up every 20-30 minutes.

any suggestions?

Fitseries3, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Windows freezes on the revolving circle upon reboot

Hi Peter,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens if you do not restart when the blue circle freezes?
    • Does the freeze happen only during reboot?

For now, I suggest that you place your computer in Safe Mode and reboot your computer and check if you still experience the freeze. To log into Safe Mode refer to the article provided in the link below

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you get the same symptoms in this mode as well, then I suggest that you check if you hard drive has any errors. To do so follow the steps below

1. Open This PC and then navigate to c: drive.

2. Right click on the drive and select Properties.

3. Then click on the Tools tab and under Error Checking
    click on Check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot.

1. Computer freezes up, forcing me to reboot. - Similar Threads - Computer freezes forcing

2. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  3. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot: For the last two to three months, my laptop HP Notebook - 15-dw0105nf has had an issue with seemingly random crashes. It may be related to the battery suddenly deteriorating currently below 5 % of design capacitySometimes it just freezes the screen with the mouse still...
  4. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer sometimes freezes screen requiring to force a reboot

8. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

Screen freezes and forces me to restart: I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers were up to date with DriverEasy, but it still manages to freeze. Is there something I missed? Reliability history and event...
  9. Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer screens randomly freezing, have to force shut down and reboot: Hi. First of all I'd like to apologize if I'm vague or unclear at any point. English isn't my first language but I will attempt to explain everything as good as I can. Windows Version Number: 1903 (OS Build 18362.418) For a few months now my computer has been randomly fully...
  10. Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.

Computer randomly freezes and forces me to restart.: So I've had this random freeze crash for a while now. It happens entirely at random, sometimes while I'm gaming and sometimes just while I'm sitting on my desktop with nothing open. The biggest annoyance is that I recently just wiped my hard drive and completely reset my...