Windows 10: Computer freezes when playing any video

Discus and support Computer freezes when playing any video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by V1jayM, Feb 29, 2024.

1. V1jayM Win User

Computer freezes when playing any video

Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer becomes unresponsive. Only way to solve the issue each time is to force reboot the computer.I am using the following specs computerAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz Windows 11 Home V. 22H2 OS 22621.3155I am using Avast Premium SecurityAny assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciatedThanks

:)

V1jayM, Feb 29, 2024
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 29, 2024
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Computer freezes when I try to play videos on Youtube

Hi David,

For us to better assist you with your concern, kindly answer the following:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes to your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Does your computer freeze only when playing videos on YouTube?
    • Does the issue occur when playing videos that are saved on your computer?
    • Does the issue also occur when playing online videos from other video streaming websites?
    • Which web browser are you using? Does the issue also occur when using other web browsers? (Examples of web browser: Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.)
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Argel Obm, Feb 29, 2024
  4. Computer freezes when playing any video

Computer freezes when I try to play videos on Youtube

Hi

For the first time in ages, this morning my computer is freezing up when I try to play videos with sound from YouTube.

I've looked at previous reports of this problem and how to fix it. In the Device manager, I don't have a "graphics card" heading......

I am a complete novice and would be grateful for simple step advice please.

Many thanks

David

DavidTwinwasp, Feb 29, 2024
Thema:

Computer freezes when playing any video

1. Computer freezes when playing any video - Similar Threads - Computer freezes playing

2. Computer freezes when playing any video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes when playing any video: Hi,Whenever I watch any video, either on YouTube via a browser or using built in Media Player, after 5-20 minutes of watching a video my computer becomes unresponsive. Only way to solve the issue each time is to force reboot the computer.I am using the following specs...
  3. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  4. Computer Freeze when playing video games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freeze when playing video games: I've been wondering and having a really tough time figuring out a solution. When I'm playing SCUM on STEAM my computer will freeze. i get minidump and msinfo from my computer.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VSutjmyEd-8yjZKIm9g2OfUK5_Yw-hSt?usp=sharing...
  5. when I play any video file laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    when I play any video file laptop freeze: The problem is when I play any video file in my laptop suddenly my laptop become hang and Ctrl alt delete also not working after restart also it same problem occurs...
  6. when I play any video file laptop freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when I play any video file laptop freeze: The problem is when I play any video file in my laptop suddenly my laptop become hang and Ctrl alt delete also not working after restart also it same problem occurs...
  7. when I play any video file laptop freeze

8. Computer hard freezing when playing some video games

Computer hard freezing when playing some video games: Hi, When playing some video games, my computer hard freezes and I have to manually hold the power button down to turn it off and restart it.I have tried reinstalling windows, the games, the applications, even completely reformatting and reinstalling windows on my SSD.I have...
  9. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  10. Videos lag or freeze when playing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Videos lag or freeze when playing: About 4 years ago I upgraded my Dell desktop from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10 64 bit. I've noticed that there is a lag or freezing of screens including video where the spinning donut goes around and around. I don't have the same issue on my phone with the videos so it has...