Windows 10: Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

Discus and support Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (The window freezes, not the computer) Window Freezes when right click in Playback/Recording Devices window page, can be targeting any device or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andsubm, Aug 27, 2016.

1. andsubm Win User

Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

(The window freezes, not the computer)

Window Freezes when right click in Playback/Recording Devices window page, can be targeting any device or none.
    Windows 10 Pro.

Example: Screenshot - ba6e806a3ee696e06f811d4dbc388e72 - Gyazo

Its frozen after i right clicked inside it.

:)

andsubm, Aug 27, 2016

2. computer freezes when I right click a file.

Whenever I right click on a file in windows 10 my courser just does the thinking/loading icon. The computer is roughly 2 months old and I haven't installed anything out of the ordinary on it.

DrMoccasin, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Arul_D Win User
    computer freezes when I right click a file.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your computer freezes after right clicking on the file. The issue could be if there is some system file corruption or there is some third party conflict.

Let’s boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if issue reappears. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using. You may refer to the article mentioned below to boot the computer in safe mode.

Change startup settings in Windows 10

If computer works fine in safe mode then try to perform clean boot and see if it brings any difference.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

There might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, I would suggest you to run
    SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 10.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

1. Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes right

2. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  3. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New": Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better where sometimes I can click new and it will work but always will fail on the first try. I see others reporting this issue and...
  4. Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add playback devices back to right-click menu of task bar icon!: Submitting feedback doesn't seem to ever do anything so I'm posting this here. I'm super frustrated that after a recent update I now have to play hide and seek with my audio devices when I want to switch between different outputs. Why would you turn something that was as...
  5. Right Click "New" freezes system.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right Click "New" freezes system.: Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It does not happen with other items such as sort by or view by options in the context menu. It only occurs when I click new. It...
  6. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...
  7. Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze

in Browsers and Email
    Browser crash / Unable to right click or open files / computer freeze: So for a bit now, perhaps a week, my computer has been acting weird. I haven't made any big changes(or at all I think) lately and don't know what's causing it. So what happends? I'll be doing stuff on my browser(Chrome, but I also tried Firefox and the problem persisted)...
  8. mouse freezes and then right click wont respond

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse freezes and then right click wont respond: Hi guys. 4 days ago my mouse in my dell precision windows 10 laptop started freezing. The right click would not respond at clicking. i did alt+ctrl+shift renewed the windows explorer and then the left click function of the mouse would be reed but I had no right click. I...
  9. Cast to Device right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cast to Device right click menu: Is there a way to remove and item from the Cast to Device menu? There are two things that I dont use, one is an option to cast to my TV which doesn't work but it uses the same icon as the option that does work. This causes problems because I have to guess what to click. If...
  10. laptop freezes when i right click on documents

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    laptop freezes when i right click on documents: not sure weather i am in the right place. this is all very confusing *Confused i have an acer laptop running on windows 10. every time i right click when i am in the documents folder, weather on pictures or music... anything, my laptop freezes and then goes black and...