Windows 10: Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

Discus and support Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (The window freezes, not the computer) Window Freezes when right click in Playback/Recording Devices window page, can be targeting any device or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by andsubm, Aug 27, 2016.

1. andsubm Win User

Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

(The window freezes, not the computer)

Window Freezes when right click in Playback/Recording Devices window page, can be targeting any device or none.
    Windows 10 Pro.

Example: Screenshot - ba6e806a3ee696e06f811d4dbc388e72 - Gyazo

Its frozen after i right clicked inside it.

:)

andsubm, Aug 27, 2016

2. computer freezes when I right click a file.

Whenever I right click on a file in windows 10 my courser just does the thinking/loading icon. The computer is roughly 2 months old and I haven't installed anything out of the ordinary on it.

DrMoccasin, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Arul_D Win User
    computer freezes when I right click a file.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description your computer freezes after right clicking on the file. The issue could be if there is some system file corruption or there is some third party conflict.

Let’s boot the computer in Safe Mode and check if issue reappears. Safe mode is a diagnostic mode that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words
    Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using. You may refer to the article mentioned below to boot the computer in safe mode.

Change startup settings in Windows 10

If computer works fine in safe mode then try to perform clean boot and see if it brings any difference.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

There might be a chance that there is some system file corruption. So, I would suggest you to run
    SFC scan and see if it brings any difference.

System file check is a utility built into the Operating System that will check for system file corruption. The sfc /scannow command (System File Check) scans the integrity of all protected operating system files and replaces incorrect,
    corrupted, changed, or damaged versions with the correct versions where possible.

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows 10.

• Press Windows key and
      X at the same time.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • In the command prompt, type sfc /scannow and hit Enter.
    • Exit command prompt.

For more information refer to this link:

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Arul_D, Aug 27, 2016
Thema:

Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window

1. Computer Freezes when right click in Playback devices Window - Similar Threads - Computer Freezes right

2. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  3. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer freeze when I right-click on picture: Hello, when I right-click on a picture on my desktop nothing happens and then my computer freezes for a while and then my screen goes black and refreshes itself.I discovered that the same thing happen when I try to right-click on a picture in my NAS server.When I was writing...
  4. My computer freeze when I right-click on picture

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Desktop freeze when i right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop freeze when i right click: Everytime i right click on my desktop it freezes and i dont know why. I have the newest drivers for my gpu, windows is updated and the moving background is not the problem because when i shut it off it still does it. https://reddit.com/link/12rqnhh/video/frzaswpqxtua1/player...
  6. Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects: Media of various types browser playback, game play audio, etc. will sometimes pause or freeze when Bluetooth devices connect i.e., are removed from charger to be used. Sometimes media will be resumable and sometimes not. Sometimes one will play with another will not. I've...
  7. Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects: Media of various types browser playback, game play audio, etc. will sometimes pause or freeze when Bluetooth devices connect i.e., are removed from charger to be used. Sometimes media will be resumable and sometimes not. Sometimes one will play with another will not. I've...
  8. Playback freezes when a bluetooth device connects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Right clicking on an application freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on an application freezes: When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my computer or the explorer. If it's in the file explorer, it just freezes with the circle and I have to close it from the taskbar...
  10. When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    When right clicking on desktop, the desktop freezes.: Hi, i'm having a problem with my MSI Laptop, where I right click the desktop, then it will turn my cursor into the blue circle and try to boot up the screen the gives you all those settings. Then it will take around 2 minutes for that to actually show, but when I click it...