Windows 10: Computer freezes when Windows is booting

Discus and support Computer freezes when Windows is booting in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My computer freezes a few minutes after I start booting Windows. It freezes completely, I cannot move a mouse and have to do hard shut down. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChrisHarve, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Computer freezes when Windows is booting

My computer freezes a few minutes after I start booting Windows. It freezes completely, I cannot move a mouse and have to do hard shut down. My computer runs two OS, apart from Windows I have Kubuntu installed which works without any problems. This issue appeared 6 months ago and I don’t know what could cause it

:)

ChrisHarve, Mar 11, 2019

2. Windows boots to the desktop then freezes

Yeah...I went to google and got the F8...lol*Stick Out Tongue Computer freezes when Windows is booting :p....thxxx

It boots up in safe mode and seems to work fine. Now I just need to figure out what's causing windows to freeze up befor it fully loads in normal start up operation.

Any suggestions where I might start ?

dieselcat18, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 11, 2019
  4. Computer freezes when Windows is booting

Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

Computer freezes when Windows is booting

1. Computer freezes when Windows is booting - Similar Threads - Computer freezes booting

2. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer Freeze on Loading Boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freeze on Loading Boot: Motherboard: ASRock Z390 CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60 GHz RAM: 32GB G. Skill 16GB x2 DDR4-3200 Storage: Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB Graphics Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 Problem: So I was using my computer normally a one day it just stop working, at first it...
  6. Computer Freezes On Boot

Computer Freezes On Boot: So, this morning when I was trying to boot up my 3 month old gaming pc, everything seemed normal, until I got to the windows boot screen. Upon reaching that, the dots completely froze. I tried hard resetting until I got to auto-repair, but that froze too. I also had a Windows...
  7. Freezing dots when computer is booting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Freezing dots when computer is booting: Whenever i try opening my computer, it loads the booting screen where I can press F12 or F2 to choose between setup options and boot options but on the very next screen as soon as the dot appear the screen freezes and it never unfreezes. I cannot access to safe mode or...
  8. Computer freezing when updating windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer freezing when updating windows: Today i just got new windows update and i think its done updating because when i tried to turn off my computer its said update and shut down, i turn it off because i have to go work, when i came back home i turn it on again and it boot normally and as usual there is rotating...
  9. Computer freezing when updating windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing when updating windows: Today i just got new windows update and i think its done updating because when i tried to turn off my computer its said update and shut down, i turn it off because i have to go work, when i came back home i turn it on again and it boot normally and as usual there is rotating...
  10. Computer Freezing at Boot

Computer Freezing at Boot: Hey guys, I've been trying to fix this for a while, but I have had no luck. My sister for her birthday got a new laptop (Dell Latitude E6420 Intel i5 2540m at 2.6 ghz). I did the free Windows 10 upgrade for her, and when the computer is starting from a shut down, it goes to a...