Windows 10: Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc

Discus and support Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc, already tried 3 nvidia drivers with and without ddu. The dmp files weren't included in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheViper, Mar 24, 2021.

1. TheViper Win User

Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc

Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc, already tried 3 nvidia drivers with and without ddu.

The dmp files weren't included in the log collector archive from C:\WINDOWS\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG so i added them to the zip file

20h2 os build 19042.867

:)

TheViper, Mar 24, 2021

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 24, 2021
  3. My computer keeps freezing up, forcing me to restart

Hi,

There are several factors which we have to consider in troubleshooting this issue. In order for us to efficiently assist you, we just have few questions for you:

• After updating to Creators Update, are you still experiencing the issue?
    • When you say "forcing me to have to restart it" does that
      mean that you have to restart just the game or your computer?
    • What is the exact error message/code that you are getting?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Mar 24, 2021
  4. cigo999 Win User

My PC freezes and restarts during gaming and not.

Hi.

From 1 year I have a very big problem with my computer.

During gaming, watching films, videos and when AFK, or, rarely but annoying, during the boot or surfing the net or any action I'm doing.

But there is a very strange fact. Some games can crash more frequently than others and in different modes.

Here there is a list of games, programs or actions. (1st crash rarely, last more frequently)

• GTA V is the game that almost never let my PC crash. Only 2 times in 164 hours. That's straaaaannge.
    • Watching video on Internet
    • Rocket League is the second game that almost never let freeze PC, but when it appens, for not let it crash again soon, I have to wait after forced reboot at least 5 minutes.
    • COD MW2 like Rocket League.
    • Watching video on local
    • Minecraft like Rocket League and COD but more frequently
    • CS:GO like Minecraft, but is impossible to play, because max 10-20 minutes and it don't let PC freeze, but an istant reboot.
    • The last, and more important, recording videos. It let the PC freezing or reboot, is casual, very frequently, in 5 seconds - 10 minutes.
    This problems can easily let you think that my PC is not adapt for gaming uses.

So, there is my components

Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc 8109bed8-a27e-4259-864c-883be8799f61.png

Ok, I hope this have removed any doubt.

Now, here there is a list of attempts that actually I DONE

• Updating all possible drivers, and my life drivers too
    • Removed (i hope) all malware, adware and all of this s...
    • Graphic card changed
    • System hard disk changed
    • Memtest, but no errors
    • Stress test of Power Supply, but not strange results
    • And searching on internet for hours and hours
    What I think to do in future

• Re-install Windows in a new hard disk and try if it is fixed
    • Change heatsink, because CPUTIN is very high
    • Burn my PC
    • Change RAM
    But I note a thing when PC freeze (not reboot)

If I wait 10-20 seconds from freeze, it may do bluescreen.

So, with WhoCrashed I toke this screenshots (some of them is old, but the problem is the same.)
    Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc f90ebac8-3fc2-4850-909c-1e7ced1d6796.png

Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc 85563c3d-5c12-44ee-8f51-6e1ad0fe530a.png

There is two different errors for the same file: hal.dll

The most common error is DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

I think that's all (maybe too much)

Thanks for the help! Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc :D

P.S: Sorry me for bad english xD

cigo999, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer freezes while gaming and i'm forced to restart the pc - Similar Threads - Computer freezes while

2. PC keeps freezing, then force-restarting while gaming. Minidump files available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps freezing, then force-restarting while gaming. Minidump files available: Minidump files x3:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/99l7sofs9h0p9owjwk9ej/h?rlkey=g4b7uy29hzuqlrf4z9jxcwg9c&dl=0Error message after it force restarts not all times but it has:"all settings were reset to default values.The previous overclock settings have failed. System has been...
  3. PC keeps freezing, then force-restarting while gaming. Minidump files available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps freezing, then force-restarting while gaming. Minidump files available: Minidump files x3:https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/99l7sofs9h0p9owjwk9ej/h?rlkey=g4b7uy29hzuqlrf4z9jxcwg9c&dl=0Error message after it force restarts not all times but it has:"all settings were reset to default values.The previous overclock settings have failed. System has been...
  4. PC keeps freezing, then force-restarting while gaming. Minidump files available

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Freezes While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes While Gaming: I've been having issues with my computer freezing while gaming. I have to hold the power button to force it off because it becomes completely unresponsive, with the monitor showing a frozen image of the game I was playing. It used to only happen once every few months;...
  6. Computer Freezes While Gaming

Computer Freezes While Gaming: I've been having issues with my computer freezing while gaming. I have to hold the power button to force it off because it becomes completely unresponsive, with the monitor showing a frozen image of the game I was playing. It used to only happen once every few months;...
  7. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa085e8082010Parameter 2: fffff8046e03af20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 2fecOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  8. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa085e8082010Parameter 2: fffff8046e03af20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 2fecOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  9. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Computer Freezing While Gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Freezing While Gaming: Hello, and thank you for assisting me with my issue. So recently my PC started freezing randomly while gaming, sometimes 4 hours after a boot sometimes 30 minutes after a boot its random. Ill list my specs and the error im getting below followed by fix's ive tried that have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. desktop freeze while gaming but not stress test