Windows 10: Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004.

Discus and support Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently bought a new m.2 ssd and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ingmar, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Ingmar Win User

Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004.

Hello,

I've recently bought a new m.2 ssd and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install from iso file downloaded through Windows Media Creation, installed all the drivers and programs and then the problem started to happen.

Basically, during normal use like watching videos on youtube PC suddenly starts producing this annoying loud buzzing sound in my headset which sounds exactly like this https://youtu.be/yNXeya80wdw?t=34 and "kinda" freezes. I can still switch between all of my previously open programs but I can't open new ones and the open ones are not responding properly meaning something wrong is happening. The only solution is to hard reboot the PC. I suspect that it might be a Creative or Nvidia driver issue but I'm not sure.

Here is a list of my hard reboots:

Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004. [​IMG]

So it happened 8 times already. During those 8 times Windows created only 1 dmp file.

You can download it here: Dropbox - 092520-5984-01.dmp - Simplify your life

As you can see the dmp file was created at 10:23:31 and I rebooted the PC at 10:25:12.

Here is a list of things that I've tried to fix the issue:

• installed all Windows updates
    • installed drivers: AMD Chipset driver, On-Board Audio Realtek driver, Realtek PCI-E Ethernet driver, Nvidia 456.38 then updated to 456.55 driver & Creative drivers
    • disabled fast boot
    • disabled all sound devices except Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro
    • disabled usb selective suspend in Power settings (I'm using Ryzen Balanced power plan)
    • stopped Windows Update from downloading drivers
    • ran sfc /scannow & dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth commands in cmd
    • updated bios from 7C02v35 to the latest 7C02v37 version

In the bios: XMP profile is enabled, changed CMS to UEFI boot mode, disabled On-Board Realted Audio and enabled PWM setting for my Arctic P14 fans. Everything else is on default settings.

I thought it would be a good idea to check if memory is ok so I ran memtest86 yesterday when I went to bed. Here are the results:

PC specs:
    • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
    • AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    • EVGA RTX 2060 Super
    • HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz Predator Black CL16
    • Adata SX8200 Pro 1TB M.2 SSD
    • Kingston SV300S37A 120GB SSD
    • Western Digital WDC WD10EZRX 1TB HDD
    • Seasonic Focus Plus 750W 80 Plus Gold
    • Sound Blaster X-Fi Surround 5.1 Pro

What else could I do to fix the issue? Please help.

:)

Ingmar, Oct 2, 2020
  2. Necro3 Win User

Windows 10 freezing with loud buzzing sound

i'm having a lot of problems on my Windows 10 machine and to be honest i'm giving up on it, it used to run games well but now it crashes with a loud buzzing sound even in games that it used to run flawlessly, any help will be appreciated since no one i know has wanted or cared to help me, i've tried updating drivers, windows memory check, updating motherboard drivers, checking drive health and none proved effective, even clean installs of windows won't help, what do i do?
    list of components:

Necro3, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Random buzzing sound and freeze

Hi,

Which is the Anti-virus software installed in your system?

As an initial step, let’s update any pending update for Windows 10. Please
    follow the below steps to update to latest build.

• Press Windows key+ I to open the
      Settings.

• Click on Update & security, then click on
      Windows Update.

• Select Check for updates. If Windows Update says that your PC is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available.

If you are having the sound issue after updating the windows 10, I would suggest you to try all the troubleshooting steps in the below link and check if the issue still persist.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...eac-4566-867a-98d2761a770d/fix-sound-problems

Note: dropdown the options below the title
    Fix Sound problems to see different troubleshooting options.

For the issues with the freezing of the Computer, I suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety scanner which would remove any viruses or unnecessary files causing the problem. Refer to the blow link to run the Microsoft safety scanner.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Disclaimer:Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Hope the sound issue will get resolved.

Let us know if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Rishad K T, Oct 2, 2020
  4. mohankum Win User

FREEZING AND BUZZING SOUND - WINDOWS 10

FREEZING AND BUZZING SOUND - WINDOWS 10 WHILE PLAYING AUDIO - VIDEO.
    HAVE TO DO HARD SWITCH OFF AND START AGAIN BUT THIS REPEATS AGAIN AFTER A GAP

mohankum, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer freezes with buzzing sound on freshly installed Win 10 2004. - Similar Threads - Computer freezes buzzing

2. Complete freezing + buzzing sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete freezing + buzzing sound: Hello, I have encountered an annoying issue within the past weeks. My laptop started to completely freeze as the system isn't responding keyboard and mouse isn't responding. It lead in buzzing sound when my audio is on so I have to hard restart from the power button in...
  3. Computer freezes with buzzing sound, no bsod on freshly installed Windows 10 2004. Please help.

Computer freezes with buzzing sound, no bsod on freshly installed Windows 10 2004. Please help.: Hello, I've recently bought a new m.2 ssd and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install from iso file downloaded through Windows Media Creation and then the problem started to happen. Basically during normal...
  4. Computer freezes with loud buzzing sound no BSOD after fresh install of Windows 10 2004.

Computer freezes with loud buzzing sound no BSOD after fresh install of Windows 10 2004.: Greetings, I recently bought SX8200 Pro M.2 SSD and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install and then after a while problem started to happen. Basically during normal use like watching videos on youtube, PC...
  5. Computer freeze and loud buzzing sound without bsod after fresh install of Windows 10 2004.

Computer freeze and loud buzzing sound without bsod after fresh install of Windows 10 2004.: Greetings, I recently bought SX8200 Pro M.2 SSD and decided that it would be a good time to upgrade Windows from version 1903 to 2004. I did a fresh install and then after a while problem started to happen. Basically during normal use like watching videos on youtube, PC...
  6. Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 fresh install freezes randomly.: I decided to do a complete fresh install of windows using a bootable usb drive removing all the data from the hard disk. But since then I have done 8-9 fresh installation of windows 10 2004 and I am encountering issue in which it freezes completely after 10-15 min and...
  7. Freezes, crashes and buzzing sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freezes, crashes and buzzing sounds: So um... So where do i begin... Ah yes, my specs Asus X540LJ Intel core-i3 5005u CPU 2,00gHz Nvidia Geforce 920m 4gb RAM I know this isn't techsupport but i didn't get enough help over there, I'm desperate. Can't remember when this first happened but it got often more and...
  8. Computer Freezes and makes a wierd buzz sound.

Computer Freezes and makes a wierd buzz sound.: OK here we go so i have just redone the OS install and things went just fine set everything up and then BOOM!!! issues. the first one that im having is that my computer will Freeze and then a buzz sound will go off but the weird thing is that i can still move my mouse. I have...
  9. FREEZING AND BUZZING SOUND - WINDOWS 10

FREEZING AND BUZZING SOUND - WINDOWS 10: FREEZING AND BUZZING SOUND - WINDOWS 10 WHILE PLAYING AUDIO - VIDEO. HAVE TO DO HARD SWITCH OFF AND START AGAIN BUT THIS REPEATS AGAIN AFTER A GAP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/freezing-and-buzzing-sound-windows-10/ad46f643-fda7-42d0-9fbf-9d1ef920bc0e
  10. My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound

My computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound: Hello, i have this problem were my computer freezes and makes a buzzing sound for a few seconds. Have updated all of my drivers and everything is up to date. It happens maybe 1-2 times a day and its very annoying... I haven't overclocked. My specs: Mobo-ASUS ROG STRIX Z390...