Windows 10: Computer freezes

Discus and support Computer freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; At haphazard intervals over the past week small flashes of light have appeared on my Dell laptop screen and then the computer freezes up. Pressing the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JosephRexK, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Computer freezes

At haphazard intervals over the past week small flashes of light have appeared on my Dell laptop screen and then the computer freezes up. Pressing the power button off-pause-on restores everything as it was, but sometimes the problem soon recurs. Does anyone have an idea of what’s going on?

Windows version: 10.0.17134

:)

JosephRexK, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 23, 2018
  3. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Alden Rey Win User

Computer freezes

computer freezes

Hi Pat,

It is possible that your computer is freezing due to the unexpected power outage that may corrupt some system files on your computer. In this case, we suggest to run a diagnostics test. Generally if there is a problem with your computer’s memory (patricularly
    freezing) then the system will prompt to run the Memory Diagnostics Tool. You can also test memory manually. Kindly click on the

link
    to perform the steps.

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Computer freezes

1. Computer freezes - Similar Threads - Computer freezes

2. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  3. Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 computer freezes, screen shows colored blocks of pixels.: The last few months, my computer has been crashing more frequently. It typically occurs when I run a game, but is now happening outside of games.Typically, the screen looks like there are an overlay of rainbow blocks of pixels. This is sometimes the full screen, but sometimes...
  4. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  5. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  6. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  8. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  9. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description: When playing games Mostly Warframe, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, Destiny 2 my screen freeezes then proceeds to restart after about 10 minutes without manually resetting i dont know how to replicate or why it happens but i would nt mind trying to figure out why :DPC Specs:CPU :...
  10. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description

Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description: When playing games Mostly Warframe, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, Destiny 2 my screen freeezes then proceeds to restart after about 10 minutes without manually resetting i dont know how to replicate or why it happens but i would nt mind trying to figure out why :DPC Specs:CPU :...