Windows 10: computer freezes

Discus and support computer freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After the automatic updates are installed on my comp., often my computer freezes. Have done a clean boot and various other suggested remedy's. Does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by teunisdejong, Apr 14, 2019.

1. computer freezes

After the automatic updates are installed on my comp., often my computer freezes.

Have done a clean boot and various other suggested remedy's.

Does not happen all the time, all I need to do is switch of the power, wait a few min. and restart.

Then the computer works ok again until the next update or a number of updates.

Have also tried to do updates manually, again it some times does the updates but still it freezes sometimes.

Use windows 10, 64 bit, Microsoft edge and windows security.

It is not a great problem, but a permanent solution would be good.

:)

teunisdejong, Apr 14, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 14, 2019
  3. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 14, 2019
  4. computer freezes

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

computer freezes

1. computer freezes - Similar Threads - computer freezes

2. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  3. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications: I’ve lately ran into the problem of the Discord application using way to much CPU then normal around 25% in Task Manager and also making my computer slow down my cursor to then basically freeze all my applications. What’s strange is that this is only happening when I’m on a...
  4. Discord freezes my computer when in a call and using certain applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  6. My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...

My computer black screens and briefly freezes when trying to launch some applications and...: When I launch applications like Discord or Steam, they will cause both of my monitors to go black and my computer to briefly freeze before finally opening. And when I try to launch some videogames, like Fortnite, Overwatch 2, or Red Dead Redemption 2 it will do the same...
  7. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description: When playing games Mostly Warframe, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, Destiny 2 my screen freeezes then proceeds to restart after about 10 minutes without manually resetting i dont know how to replicate or why it happens but i would nt mind trying to figure out why :DPC Specs:CPU :...
  8. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description

Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games Description: When playing games Mostly Warframe, Call Of Duty Black Ops 3, Destiny 2 my screen freeezes then proceeds to restart after about 10 minutes without manually resetting i dont know how to replicate or why it happens but i would nt mind trying to figure out why :DPC Specs:CPU :...
  9. Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.: As stated above, computer will completely freeze, like the computer will look completely normal, but I notice the time is no longer moving, and my mouse wont move anymore. Everything on the computer is still on, computer still running and on, but I am unable to CTRL+ATL+DEL,...
  10. Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.

Computer freezing randomly even when doing nothing.: As stated above, computer will completely freeze, like the computer will look completely normal, but I notice the time is no longer moving, and my mouse wont move anymore. Everything on the computer is still on, computer still running and on, but I am unable to CTRL+ATL+DEL,...