Windows 10: Computer freezeup

Discus and support Computer freezeup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About once a day, usually while I'm gaming on Facebook, the whole computer just stops dead. Nothing works, including the mouse. The only way to get out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Computer freezeup

About once a day, usually while I'm gaming on Facebook, the whole computer just stops dead. Nothing works, including the mouse. The only way to get out of it is to shut off the computer and reboot. any idea what might be causing that? It only seems to happen once a day.

:)

Amadeus51, Apr 28, 2019

2. Freezeup

I had 2 copies of KB4471318 in the system. Right clicking did not allow me to uninstall either of them. I ran Norton power eraser and found an unknown file named File.lnk. I was able to delete it. I also ran a troubleshooter which led me to device manager
    and showed a piece of unknown hardware. I deleted that. I also went to a place where I found that everyone had permission for something. I changed it to deny for all, including administrators. Then the freezeup problem was solved. I don't know which of the
    three did it, or all of them.

Paul Duffey, Apr 28, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer freezeup

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Computer freezeup

1. Computer freezeup - Similar Threads - Computer freezeup

2. Will It Harm The Computer If I Uninstall Default Windows Applications?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Will It Harm The Computer If I Uninstall Default Windows Applications?: Hi I am Sumit Chauhan from Dehradun, India. Windows 1903 gives a option for uninstall default apps. I am a normal user and use only word, excel, ppt, snip & sketch and browser app, and also for documents and picture save in home and office. I don't like any computer game...
  3. Computer will not boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not boot: After win 10 update install puter rebooted. Came to the screen just before login screen and will not proceed. Touchscreen, mouse, keyboard etc. Do not work. Once puter times out, screen goes black and power button must be pushed to continue. ... Please help my old brain!!?...
  4. My computer is slower after the latest update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer is slower after the latest update: Hi, after the latest update my computer is a lot more slower than before. My hdd usage is at 100% and it will stay there for a couple of minutes. I keep seeing that System is causing it, but i can't understand what it means. I also saw for a brief second that Telemetry and...
  5. deleting first microsoft account on a computer?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    deleting first microsoft account on a computer?: Just got a new computer, made a typo in my Microsoft account email, and have verified the email in order to correct it, however I can not remove the account from my computer. How do I get rid of it? (I should meantion I have already signed in to the correct one, I just want...
  6. I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything

in Windows 10 Customization
    I made a mistake and now my computer wont to anything: So i was basically trying to install a program, but after trying a few different things i made the mistake of resetting EVERY windows service. Now my comupter wont connect to the internet, cortana, and i tried to press the “get help” button but whem i do nothing happens (im...
  7. My account merged with my work computer when I signed into Word. How to undo?

My account merged with my work computer when I signed into Word. How to undo?: This has never happened before until recently when I was forced to re-log into my microsoft account in order to use Word. How do I undo this? I cannot have my personal things on my work computer and vice-versa....
  8. MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO FIX IT.CAN SOMEONE HELP PLEASE?: MY COMPUTER KEEPS FREEZING UP AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO.CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-keeps-freezing-up-and-i-dont-know-how/cf6b8b51-cc79-4e41-be16-84c5c3c59bab
  9. I had an android update and now my phone is not recognised by my computer to transfer pics

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I had an android update and now my phone is not recognised by my computer to transfer pics: I had an android update and now my phone is not recognised by my computer to transfer pics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-had-an-android-update-and-now-my-phone-is-not/82c74de9-e365-41cb-8889-380c6031d906
  10. New computer has 2 drives: i want things on D:

New computer has 2 drives: i want things on D:: Hello! Sorry if I'm not explaining things correctly. I just got a new computer, a Dell G7 15 7590. It has two drives. C: is named "OS" and has 102 GB, and D: is named "DATA" and has 1 tera available. When installing my first few things I noticed they were being installed in...