Windows 10: Computer freezeup

Discus and support Computer freezeup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; About once a day, usually while I'm gaming on Facebook, the whole computer just stops dead. Nothing works, including the mouse. The only way to get out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Amadeus51, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Computer freezeup

About once a day, usually while I'm gaming on Facebook, the whole computer just stops dead. Nothing works, including the mouse. The only way to get out of it is to shut off the computer and reboot. any idea what might be causing that? It only seems to happen once a day.

:)

Amadeus51, Apr 28, 2019

2. Freezeup

I had 2 copies of KB4471318 in the system. Right clicking did not allow me to uninstall either of them. I ran Norton power eraser and found an unknown file named File.lnk. I was able to delete it. I also ran a troubleshooter which led me to device manager
    and showed a piece of unknown hardware. I deleted that. I also went to a place where I found that everyone had permission for something. I changed it to deny for all, including administrators. Then the freezeup problem was solved. I don't know which of the
    three did it, or all of them.

Paul Duffey, Apr 28, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Apr 28, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer freezeup

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Apr 28, 2019
Thema:

Computer freezeup

1. Computer freezeup - Similar Threads - Computer freezeup

2. Unable to login window computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login window computer: Hi there, I am unable to login to my windows computer. Rest the password multiple times and can successfully login online but my computer does not accept the password. Even PIN it does not let me login. For password the error is - this login method is not allowed but don’t...
  3. Unable to login window computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login window computer: Hi there, I am unable to login to my windows computer. Rest the password multiple times and can successfully login online but my computer does not accept the password. Even PIN it does not let me login. For password the error is - this login method is not allowed but don’t...
  4. Unable to login window computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off: my computer keeps going to sleep even though nothing tells it to. i think i know the cause, and it is the screensaver, when i activate it with a timer for 99 minutes it no longer turns off after a short time which is ok, but i do not want a time limit, so when i turn it off...
  6. why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off

why does my computer turn to sleep when screensaver and other settings are off: my computer keeps going to sleep even though nothing tells it to. i think i know the cause, and it is the screensaver, when i activate it with a timer for 99 minutes it no longer turns off after a short time which is ok, but i do not want a time limit, so when i turn it off...
  7. I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it...: I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it up again. But when I restart my pc blue screen disappeared.My dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/c/827dc82673e684b1/ESgpipDin7BJhRjH8UXNwTgBI7pvDPWhDDfY1Vb_MQOBsg?e=ofj4AW...
  8. BLUE SCREEN ERROR AND SLOW COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BLUE SCREEN ERROR AND SLOW COMPUTER: my COMPUTER gets the blue screen error a lot, but not when I am using it, it always comes when the pc is open and idle, e.g I left it for a small break or for doing smth else while smth is being downloaded/updated. Moreover, my pc, has also been a lot slower, and its more...
  9. I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it...

I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it...: I always get a blue screen after shutting down the computer completely and then starting it up again. But when I restart my pc blue screen disappeared.My dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/c/827dc82673e684b1/ESgpipDin7BJhRjH8UXNwTgBI7pvDPWhDDfY1Vb_MQOBsg?e=ofj4AW...
  10. BLUE SCREEN ERROR AND SLOW COMPUTER

BLUE SCREEN ERROR AND SLOW COMPUTER: my COMPUTER gets the blue screen error a lot, but not when I am using it, it always comes when the pc is open and idle, e.g I left it for a small break or for doing smth else while smth is being downloaded/updated. Moreover, my pc, has also been a lot slower, and its more...