Windows 10: Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games...

Discus and support Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone and thanks for taking your time to read this. So I bought a new PC some months ago, brand new, nothing was second hand and the seller... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SantiagoMartínez1, Aug 20, 2020.

1. Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games...

Hello everyone and thanks for taking your time to read this.

So I bought a new PC some months ago, brand new, nothing was second hand and the seller preinstalled Windows 10 Pro 64 Bits and some software.

The first freeze happened while I was playing Minecraft and opened a YouTube video. It then froze about 2 minutes later. The screen was still showing what it was showing at the exact moment of the freeze as in every time it does and it kept emitting a loud buzzing sound through the speakers. All I could do was holding the power button till it turned off and then turn it back on again, no crash reportswhatsoever when it finished booting up.

After this first episode, I changed many components I almost changed all of them and installed a clean copy of Windows 10 Pro.

Today's setup is:

- Components that have never been changed in bold letters.

After installing the new components and reinstalling Windows, the computer keeps freezing:

• Mostly while downloading a heavy game from Steam or the Epic Store Launcher.

• While switching a tab on Chrome and playing a video on YouTube once.

Additional Info:

• CPU and Memory showed no errors.

• Windows was installed in the Kingston A400 SSD at first and then reinstalled in a brand new NVMe.

• I haven't noticed high temperatures in any of the components.

• Computer is completely clean, no dust.

• I only started using Epic Games once I had the new components.

• BIOS version is the one before the last one F9, while the last one is 10c. I will update it but I'm not sure this is what causes the issue.

• Drivers are up to date.

I looked online and one of the recommended solutions for users with my problem was running the "bcdedit /set useplatformclock false" command. But what is this exactly for?

I'll answer any question you need and update the post if I remember something else.

Any help is welcome and really appreciated, I really want to solve this problem and stop worrying about breaking this computer that took me long to buy.

:)

SantiagoMartínez1, Aug 20, 2020
  2. Ztruker Win User

COMPUTER freeze during youtube and gaming.

You are in the wrong forum. As the Attention box at the top of the forum says:

Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games... [​IMG]

Suggest you post this in General Support forum or I can ask one of the Admins to move it.

Ztruker, Aug 20, 2020
  3. Windows blocking Steam and Epic games and websites.

Windows has started Epic and Steam, as well as access to game webpages. Even, Roblox, installed in my PC, does not start. It must have something to do with the latest update. Messages go from Invalid SSL to Invalid Certificate. I have already tried disabling
    Windows Defender and checking Windows Security certificates. Everything seems OK, but the EPIC and STEAM launchers are prevented from accessing Internet and Roblox closes down withou even starting. How do we fix this?

RodolfoLeon, Aug 20, 2020
  4. Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games...

Epic Games Launcher

I got this computer from my step dad, he got it from his insurance company. When I open Epic Games launcher I can see the logo but the rest is blank. Is there a file I need to remove? I really would love any suggestions

*Moved from Virus and Malware forum by moderator*

TopBeastMason, Aug 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games...

1. Computer freezing all of a sudden while on YouTube or downloading from Steam, Epic Games... - Similar Threads - Computer freezing sudden

2. windows freeze when downloading games from steam

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows freeze when downloading games from steam: hello, this problem happens only when i download games from steam. when the games start to download, it runs fine for a while, and then the computer start to lag and finally freeze stand still, even the ctrl + alt + del didn’t work, so i have to shut my pc down using the...
  3. Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Steam and all Steam games suddenly started crashing: All of a sudden my Steam and all Steam games started crashing. These were working until 17/08. I didn't play for a week and they started crashing from 23/08. The only thing that I can think of that i installed during this time is Visual Studio 2015 Community. I tried after...
  4. Downloading issues with steam and epic but nothing else

Downloading issues with steam and epic but nothing else: Hi everyone! This may be long winded but here we go. A couple weeks ago after the recent windows update my computer has started having a problem while downloading updates using Steam and Epic games launcher. While using steam I noticed that downloads would start downloading...
  5. COMPUTER freeze during youtube and gaming.

in Windows 10 Support
    COMPUTER freeze during youtube and gaming.: Hi all, I recently build a new PC, 2-3 weeks old. All new parts... I noticed while playing game (WoW) and watching youtube on a different monitor (I run 2x 4k monitors). My PC will completely locked up, I can still hear the sound of the game playing in the background, but I...
  6. COMPUTER freeze during youtube and gaming.

COMPUTER freeze during youtube and gaming.: Hi all, I recently build a new PC, 2-3 weeks old. All new parts... I noticed while playing game (WoW) and watching youtube on a different monitor (I run 2x 4k monitors). My PC will completely locked up, I can still hear the sound of the game playing in the background, but I...
  7. All steam, epic games store and Microsoft store games replaced with this symbol.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All steam, epic games store and Microsoft store games replaced with this symbol.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/yologamer2005 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eky0y2/all_steam_epic_games_store_and_microsoft_store/
  8. Gettng BSOD while watching YouTube or downloading on Steam

Gettng BSOD while watching YouTube or downloading on Steam: I seem to be getting BSODs while watching YouTube and/or downloading a game on Steam. I have been having them for a while and I decided to take action on the issue by downliadng Windows 10 SDK and using the debugger. While having a look I noticed that it had something to do...
  9. Freezing from gaming/Youtube

Freezing from gaming/Youtube: Hello! I get BSOD at what seems to be at random times. It could BSOD with in minutes of starting my PC or after a couple of hours of it running or at anytime in between. I believe it to be a driver issue or a Memory issue but I am uncertain. I am running four memory sticks...
  10. BSOD/Freezing from gaming/Youtube

in Windows 10 Support
    BSOD/Freezing from gaming/Youtube: Hello! I get BSOD at what seems to be at random times. It could BSOD with in minutes of starting my PC or after a couple of hours of it running or at anytime in between. I believe it to be a driver issue or a Memory issue but I am uncertain. I am running four memory sticks...