Windows 10: computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

Discus and support computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by VILA55, Dec 1, 2022.

1. VILA55 Win User

computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to troubleshoot took it down to 1 put in the DIMMA2 slotHarddrive: have tried our 2TB M2 drive, took that out and now trying a 250GB SSD Cooler: Corsair iCUE H170i Elite w displayIssue:Cannot install Windows have tried both Windows 11 and 10 media install tool, tried rufus, and formatted to both fat32 and ntfs. We tried the Windows media in another computer and it booted, so it's not the media or the USB. It will either freeze after the MSI logo c

:)

VILA55, Dec 1, 2022

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 1, 2022
  3. NdMk2o1o Win User
    New FM2 build BSOD winth clean Windows install

Thanks man, gonna try that as the one on the Asrock website is the 12.8 driver from last year, never had a build BSOD from a clean Windows install before unless it was a HW issue but anythings worth a try

NdMk2o1o, Dec 1, 2022
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Dec 1, 2022
Thema:

1. computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build - Similar Threads - computer freezing BSOD

2. computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer freezing and BSOD when trying to install windows on new build: Hardware:Mobo: MSI Z690-A-WIFI Chip: Intel I9 12900KS RAM: stripped down to a single stick of 32GB DDR5-4800, have 128GB in total, but trying to troubleshoot took it down to 1 put in the DIMMA2 slotHarddrive: have tried our 2TB M2 drive, took that out and now trying a 250GB...
  3. BSOD and Computer freezing after new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Computer freezing after new install: Hi all, Coming to you as I have recently upgraded my computer and am facing issues that got me confused. The computer is regularly freezing or entering BSOD with multiple types of errors. I did a clean install of Windows 10 even tried windows 11 just to see if this was...
  4. BSOD and Computer freezing after new install

BSOD and Computer freezing after new install: Hi all, Coming to you as I have recently upgraded my computer and am facing issues that got me confused. The computer is regularly freezing or entering BSOD with multiple types of errors. I did a clean install of Windows 10 even tried windows 11 just to see if this was...
  5. BSOD and Computer freezing after new install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. bsod when trying to install windows on new drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod when trying to install windows on new drive: Hello, I am trying to reinstall windows on my computer. After bios, it immediately bsod. I have set my USB as the first boot option as well as formatted all three drives. I've also used 2 different USB as media creation tool to download windows 10. I am completely baffled...
  7. bsod when trying to install windows on new drive

bsod when trying to install windows on new drive: Hello, I am trying to reinstall windows on my computer. After bios, it immediately bsod. I have set my USB as the first boot option as well as formatted all three drives. I've also used 2 different USB as media creation tool to download windows 10. I am completely baffled...
  8. Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Newly build pc keeps freezing when trying to install windows.: I build a new pc, everything is well in the bios, but when I try to install windows, it freezes, or restarts and then freezes. Sometimes it can fully install windows, but then when it restarts in order to boot from the ssd, it freezes. Sometimes it freezes in the windows...
  9. New Build Random Freezes/BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Build Random Freezes/BSOD: Ok, ill start with saying i just built a new PC and when everything is going well it runs AMAZING. About two or three times a day while playing games or just having the pc on the desktop, it will freeze or restart to BSOD. Only way to reboot is to hit the power button and...
  10. New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New build, new Windows install - BSOD when playing games: Attachment 127098 I just rebuilt this machine with new Motherboard/CPU, RAM, and Graphics card, and I get several errors. I've hammered out most of them, but the one that continues to plague me is the IRQL_LESS_THAN_OR_EQUAL. I have a feeling that it has to do with the...