Windows 10: Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

Discus and support Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question: "So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MysteryMaster, Apr 9, 2021.

1. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question:

"So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer.

Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essageId=952f800e-a4be-4d4f-83ef-3ac4ec143960

However it seems an unfortunate side-effect of it is that my computer now randomly crashes.

I'll be doing something completely normal, when all audio will stop, the screen will freeze, and my keyboard will become unresponsive.
    After a minute or two, the computer just shuts down without any indication or sound.
    Hell, it even happened while i was writing this question. Had to start all over again.

This might be a hardware issue, but the timing of it beginning to happen precisely after I fixed the admin issue leads me to believe that its a windows issue, and not the computer itself.

My computer isn't overheating, there's plenty of memory left, and while it is fairly old, it still works decently.

I don't see a way it could be a hardware problem, and again, the timing of these crashes being so aligned with the fix is giving me suspicions that windows is to blame.

I would attempt to undo the fix to test it, but it wont let me remove admin from myself, presumably because otherwise the computer would have no admins. If i change my user group, it tells me it needs me to sign in again, but when i do, im right back to being an admin. So that's not really something i can actually test.

Either way, If anyone knows anything about this, I'd appreciate it."

Since then, i've actually opened up my computer and replaced the thermal paste. The temperature seems to have gone down, and yet the crashes are still happening.

Like i said before, its pretty much random. There's no rhyme or reason for it, the computer just decides to stop functioning whenever it feels like it.

I really don't think its a hardware issue, as while my computer is fairly old, none of the parts are in bad condition, its not overheating, and the crash issue started precisely the day i fixed the admin issue, when it had NEVER happened before.

Any and all help is appreciated. I don't need a permanent fix, as I'm planning to get a new computer in a few months, but i DO need this one to last until then.

:)

MysteryMaster, Apr 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Apr 9, 2021
  4. SwatRider Win User

Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hello,

I have the latest windows updates, drivers, and BIOS.

The issue was caused by the Radeon drivers - i explained in my previous post.

To solve the issue I run a program called ClockBlocker that prevents the graphics card from downclocking and freezing the computer.

Thank you all for all the help.

SwatRider, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

1. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated - Similar Threads - Computer freezing crashing

2. random crashes and freezes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    random crashes and freezes?: I'm having problems with my PC crashing and freezing. It seems random, even crashing when I'm not in the room but I've left the computer on. There is no error message. The screen just goes blank and computer stops or on other occasions the screen just freezes. Thanks...
  3. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  4. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times: I recently have been have a problem with my Hp Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-0xxx, I recently redownload Project Zomboid from Steam and after that my Pc has been crashing or freezing up at random times mostly when I play games or try to update the system. My volume also...
  5. Computer keeps freezing or crashing at random times

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Random Crash and Freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crash and Freeze: Hello, I need some help, my pc is recently crash after updateat first I thought it was a driver issues, I reinstall the driver, but no luckI run memory diagnostic, both with windows memory diagnostic and memtest86 and both pass with no issuesI tried run DISM and sfc /scannow...
  7. Random Crashes/Freezes

Random Crashes/Freezes: For 2-3 weeks now I've been experiencing random crashes/freezes, from various sources according to the Reliability Monitor; Word, Firefox, Chrome Browser, Brave Browser, Windows Explorer. I've documented them all, but for now let list the ones from yesterday.Like I said,...
  8. Random crashes and freezes

Random crashes and freezes: hi, lately i've been experiences some crashes, when that happens my screen just fereezes and than the only thing i can do with it is just turn of the pc. I of course checked every the basics like cpu temperature etc and every is where it should be at. So i cheked the error...
  9. Computer freezing and crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly.: So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  10. Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes / Crashes randomly: Hey all, This problem I have been having a while. I often get complete freezes randomly playing video games. There is no lead up to it, nothing to suggest it's struggling and can't pin point the trigger. Best way to describe it is, it's like a BSOD but it's frozen so I...