Windows 10: Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back

Discus and support Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title Says. After a recent Windows update not only have I started getting BSOD due to Netio.sys but also now while watching any kind of video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ChrisSorensen1, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back

As the title Says. After a recent Windows update not only have I started getting BSOD due to Netio.sys but also now while watching any kind of video Anywhere my computer will freeze. It then requires a restart to get going again. I have updated everything I can. I'm currently downloading the 21H1 windows update to see if that does anything. I've done all the trouble shooting I can look up online including command prompt stuff. Ran the trouble shooters. Tried other browsers.Last week before the update everything ran great.

:)

ChrisSorensen1, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Can't watch videos on Win 10

Hi,

Please assist me with the following information related to this issue:

• Which web browser are you using to watch online videos?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are using Internet Explorer to watch online videos, I suggest you to
    follow the steps mentioned in the following link and check:Why won't videos play in Internet Explorer?

Note: The above mentioned article contains steps to reset IE. Resetting Internet Explorer's settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings in IE are lost and cannot
    be recovered.

Please reply us with the required information along with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

Hello,

I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in event viewer after the fact directly related to the freeze. It can definitely be traced down to youtube or twitch with the game playing however. I have updated Adobe Flash and it didn't seem to change anything. I normally run Chrome so I tried IE (gross) last night and had the same issue, so it doesn't seem to be browser specific.

My video card is running at a cool 50-65 degrees so it doesn't appear to be an overheating issue. I have even tweaked my fan profiles to be a bit more aggressive for cooling. I have tried many different driver configurations and the same issue occurs. Yes, I do overclock my video card, but have rolled it back to default for the purposes of troubleshooting, even with it rolled back to default the same issue occurs. It doesn't seem to have an exact timing as well, sometimes it can be up for hours with youtube or twitch, sometimes it will only take an hour or so before it hard freezes. I have broken out my best Google-Fu but still come up empty. My power settings are all set to not hibernate, not sleep. I am running on a clean install of Windows 10 as well.

Some suggestions that I have rolled across are PSU related, I am running a 700w corsair that is only about 2 years old and with my configuration I don't think that is the smoking gun (especially since it only occurs with youtube, twitch open).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

That1guy2007, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back

Problem watching videos

Hi Ara,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

To have a better clarity on the issue, respond to the questions listed below:

• Were any changes made on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Does the issue persist on all sites?
    • Do the downloaded videos play fine?

Meanwhile you may try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Right click on the video you’re watching.
    • Click on ‘Settings’.
    • On the first tab, make sure ‘Enable hardware acceleration’ box is unchecked.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back

1. Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back - Similar Threads - Computer freezing requiring

2. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  3. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 193Parameter 1: 810Parameter 2: ffffa109f4473000Parameter 3: ffffa109e5e37040Parameter 4: 69OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  4. Laptop freezes while watching youtube videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  6. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  7. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  9. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos: Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in...
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 freezing when using youtube