Windows 10: Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu.

Discus and support Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm in need of some help. I got this pc December 31, and I've already had to replace my 650 watt PSU just the other day. It made a loud popping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Baifu, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Baifu Win User

Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu.

Hello. I'm in need of some help. I got this pc December 31, and I've already had to replace my 650 watt PSU just the other day. It made a loud popping sound and pretty much died. I now have a 750 or 800 Watt Jupiter installed now... Even with a new PSU my pc is continuing to freeze and then shut off and turn back on... The person who helped me put in the power supply said it could have something to do with the liquid cool and the PSU not working out together... I don't know but I'm going to be 100% honest... ITS ANNOYING! Really when your in the middle of something.

These are my Specs:

[COLOR=rgba42, 42, 42, 1]Operating System ::Windows 10 Home
    Case ::iBUYPOWER Slate 4 MR Mirror Finished Tempered Glass ARGB
    Processor ::Intel® Core™ i7-10700KF Processor 8x 3.80 GHz /16MB L3 Cache
    Processor Cooling ::iBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
    Memory ::16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3200MHz ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D41 RGB
    Video Card ::GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER - 8GB GDDR6 VR Ready
    Storage ::1TB M.2 NVMe SSD
    Motherboard ::ASUS PRIME Z490-P
    Power Supply ::650 Watt - HIGH POWER 80 PLUS Gold
    Internal Wireless Network :Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu. :pCIe or On-Board Wireless Network
    Keyboard ::NOT Included
    Mouse ::NOT Included
    Warranty ::3 Year Standard Warranty Service
    Rush Service ::2-Day[/COLOR]

:)

Baifu, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 12, 2021
  3. Frederik Win User
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

Hi Guys/Girls.

First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years.

So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights etc. i now face random Freeze followed by restart. no error no Beeps Nothing. Computer can stay Idle for as long as 9 Hours at a time, as long as you don't use it Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu. :) after you touch or move the mouse it will move then freeze followed by restart. then it will repeatedly startup to desktop few seconds then freeze and restart. until it goes to windows Repair screen or manually shutting it down Via Long Power button Press.

Winver Version 1909 Os Build 18363.1198

Things i have Tried.

I Replaced memory with new modules. " Single , Dual And Quad Channel" Problem remained.

I replaced the SSD Drive with a brand New SSD. Problem Persists

I replaced the Power supply with a brand new one. Problem Persists

I replaced the GPU with a New 1060. Problem Persists and now i have 2 Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu. :)

i changed CPU with a new 1 . Problem Persist.

I Did Run Dism as well as sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f /r
    and note it was a fresh install that started with the issues.

only Physical item i did not replace was Motherboard.

Starting in safe Mode with Networking enabled. then i can use the computer to the max. no freeze no shutdown.

While in safe mode i do all the steps necessary for clean boot. Restarts Persist.

I used the V2 Log collector and attached it in my post.

im a average IT tech that usually identifies and solve my issues fast but this one has me down and out for weeks now.

Please assist and if anything else is required please ask.

Regards

Frederik, Mar 12, 2021
  4. ex_reven Win User

Hard drive freezing

He said it was freezing on windows install...not shutting down and restarting.
    A restart was the only way he could remove it from the frozen state.
    Why would that make it PSU/Heat related?
    Although a new PSU would probably be in order regardless of this.

PSU/Heat problems would just shut the comp down correct?

If its a freezing problem Id suggest that keakar is correct in saying drivers are the culprit. Though wouldnt that give a BSOD pointing to the driver that failed?

Try eventvwr.msc in the Start>"run" window, click system and see if you see any errors occuring that could be the cause of the problem.

ex_reven, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Freezing and restarting. New Psu. - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing restarting

2. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  3. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  4. Installed new psu, computer is working but not booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installed new psu, computer is working but not booting: I bought the antech atom b650, my computer parts are: 2xdds4 8 gb ram, 1xintel arc 750 graphics card, intel core i5-10400f cpu, 2xssd, prime h410m-k motherboard, 2xfans.After i connected all of the power wires i turned on my pc, but it only starts the graphics card, the case...
  5. Installed new psu, computer is working but not booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installed new psu, computer is working but not booting: I bought the antech atom b650, my computer parts are: 2xdds4 8 gb ram, 1xintel arc 750 graphics card, intel core i5-10400f cpu, 2xssd, prime h410m-k motherboard, 2xfans.After i connected all of the power wires i turned on my pc, but it only starts the graphics card, the case...
  6. Computer issue, psu, gpu ??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer issue, psu, gpu ??: https://1drv.ms/f/s!ArWaN6TlYgR8hxNqUyBtTkGby5zW?e=t5p0yI these are the dump files leading to the crash https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-issue-psu-gpu/4b037f23-c365-4bcf-a42a-e759c0931130
  7. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts: My computer has started randomly freezing the video output, but audio will still play for a few seconds before the whole computer restarts. I believe the issue is a faulty driver. I ran the driver verifier and was given the error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION for the...
  8. computer freezes on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes on restart: running windows 1709 every time i restart i have to do a hard restart because the computer freezes before it will fully shut down and restart . This only happens when when i do windows updates. So i am unable to do 1803 update because of this all drivers are up to date...
  9. PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC Freezing - Faulty PSU or MOBO: Hello guys, my pc 4 years old and self build ( i didnt change any part after build it). When i try to play games my pc freezing with buzzing sound and forces me to close it. If i close my pc and try to open it again sometimes i can do it by 1-2 try but sometimes it took...
  10. Computer freezes on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on restart: I have had a few issues with my new HP Pavilion Pc570-P027, and now a new one. Whenever I restart the system (click restart) I get a blank screen with RESTARTING in the middle of the screen, and that's it! I can let it sit for hours, and nothing happens. I have to hold the...