Windows 10: Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

Discus and support Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheDumbNerd, Jan 22, 2022.

1. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I would leave my PC for a bit to let it cool down and come back but it would immediately freeze. Btw to fix it I have to hold the power button for 5 secs. I have reset my PC and reinstalled from the cloud. What should I do? Thank you for your help

:)

TheDumbNerd, Jan 22, 2022
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 22, 2022
  3. Frederik Win User
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

Hi Guys/Girls.

First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years.

So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights etc. i now face random Freeze followed by restart. no error no Beeps Nothing. Computer can stay Idle for as long as 9 Hours at a time, as long as you don't use it Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting :) after you touch or move the mouse it will move then freeze followed by restart. then it will repeatedly startup to desktop few seconds then freeze and restart. until it goes to windows Repair screen or manually shutting it down Via Long Power button Press.

Winver Version 1909 Os Build 18363.1198

Things i have Tried.

I Replaced memory with new modules. " Single , Dual And Quad Channel" Problem remained.

I replaced the SSD Drive with a brand New SSD. Problem Persists

I replaced the Power supply with a brand new one. Problem Persists

I replaced the GPU with a New 1060. Problem Persists and now i have 2 Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting :)

i changed CPU with a new 1 . Problem Persist.

I Did Run Dism as well as sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f /r
    and note it was a fresh install that started with the issues.

only Physical item i did not replace was Motherboard.

Starting in safe Mode with Networking enabled. then i can use the computer to the max. no freeze no shutdown.

While in safe mode i do all the steps necessary for clean boot. Restarts Persist.

I used the V2 Log collector and attached it in my post.

im a average IT tech that usually identifies and solve my issues fast but this one has me down and out for weeks now.

Please assist and if anything else is required please ask.

Regards

Frederik, Jan 22, 2022
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Jan 22, 2022
Thema:

Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

1. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Sometime

2. windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 freezes and restarts sometimes restarts and freezes Possibe cause "ctfmon.exe...: I have recently updated windows from 10 to 11 and facing this issue of random freeze and restart. I performed sfc/scannow and DISM /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth but nothing happened. When I went in safe mode, I saw "ctfmon.exe Overrun of stacked based buffer." error....
  3. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!: Hello,Since a few weeks my Pc keeps crashing, freezing or restarting. Im not sure why it started happening and it worked well before that.After looking into it and trying Programms like CCleaner or Fortect it still happens fairly often. I also checked the Event Log for a...
  4. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!: Hello,Since a few weeks my Pc keeps crashing, freezing or restarting. Im not sure why it started happening and it worked well before that.After looking into it and trying Programms like CCleaner or Fortect it still happens fairly often. I also checked the Event Log for a...
  5. Computer keeps freezing sometimes crashes and or restarts!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  7. Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezing and Sometime restarting: My computer for the past few days have been freezing for no reason. It would happen when I just started up my PC and opening a browser. Sometimes it happens after a hour or two of gaming. Recently I noticed it randomly restarts. I don’t think it’s a heating problem because I...
  8. my computer freezes when restarting sometimes

my computer freezes when restarting sometimes: whenever i use malwarebytes and it finds a threat and it tells me to restart my pc, i do it, but halfway through restarting the screen freezes and i have to hold the power button, i already did sfc scan in cmd and scanned my pc and nothing was wrong, but it still happens, it...
  9. Computer sometimes freezes

Computer sometimes freezes: I am running Windows 10 laptop. I think the issue occurred after the last update 2004 v. It freezes when I start some apps or games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-sometimes-freezes/2c04ae42-3379-46d8-a4d2-84e1e966ce82
  10. My pc is keep restarting, sometimes it freeze and buzzing sometimes restart without freeze...

My pc is keep restarting, sometimes it freeze and buzzing sometimes restart without freeze...: Log Name: Security Source: Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog Date: 15/07/2020 8:35:29 pm Event ID: 1101 Task Category: Event processing Level: Error Keywords: Audit Success User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-D5MQMMD Description: Audit...