Windows 10: Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this

Discus and support Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, Two weeks ago I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC. It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MachineGunz, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this

Hi,

Two weeks ago I started having random crashes and restarts on my PC.

It's similar to a BSOD, Except I am getting a freeze of around 5-10 seconds with the BSOD sound playing throughout the freeze.

It doesn't matter if I am playing a game or browsing the web, It can happen anytime regardless of what I am doing.

My system is the

Ryzen 7 1700 with the stock cooler

16gb ddr 4 ram - corsair vengeance 3200mhz

Asrock x370 taihchi

Asus rog strix gtx 1080ti oc edition

Seasonic prime platinum 850w

I am running everything at stock settings.

Temperatures are normal - from 38C to 65C

When I go to event viewer - windows logs - system I am getting a few errors:

1. Critical - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

2. Error - The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffbc8f8034f8c8, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\Minidump\031320-15546-01.dmp. Report Id: 09cf501c-3cd2-4e89-980c-59e91bec971c.

3. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core

Error Source: Machine Check Exception

Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error

Processor APIC ID: 0

The details view of this entry contains further information.

4. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 1

5. A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error

Processor APIC ID: 10

It can happen anytime, While browsing the web, While playing a video file.

I did notice that it might have to do with me typing on my keyboard.

I have no idea why, But it seems to happen more frequently the more I type with my keyboard on the web browser / word.

yesterday my pc crashed 3 times in a row - literally minutes after booting up when I was typing on my keyboard.

:)

MachineGunz, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Event Viewer Log

Hi Debi,

As per the information, I would like to inform that the errors registered under Event Viewer may not always mean that your PC is non responsive or dysfunctional. If you have experience any crash, freeze or dysfunctionality, you can refer to the error registered
    in Event Viewer for assistance.

I suggest that you send us the screenshot of the event viewer window so that we can introspect better.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Mar 23, 2020
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thema:

Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this

1. Computer freezing and then crashing - Processor error in Event Viewer - Please help my fix this - Similar Threads - Computer freezing crashing

2. PC FREEZES AND CRASHES! KERNEL 41 63 error displayed on event viewer. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC FREEZES AND CRASHES! KERNEL 41 63 error displayed on event viewer. Please Help!: Hello,I have a ASUS TUF F17 gaming laptop purchased last year. My laptop freezes completely only during a particular game Division 2 randomly. Every time I get this Kernel 41 63 displayed in the event viewer followed by the below stats:ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.THRM has been...
  3. PC FREEZES AND CRASHES! KERNEL 41 63 error displayed on event viewer. Please Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC FREEZES AND CRASHES! KERNEL 41 63 error displayed on event viewer. Please Help!: Hello,I have a ASUS TUF F17 gaming laptop purchased last year. My laptop freezes completely only during a particular game Division 2 randomly. Every time I get this Kernel 41 63 displayed in the event viewer followed by the below stats:ACPI thermal zone \_TZ.THRM has been...
  4. Event 4101 error keeps crashing computer. PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 4101 error keeps crashing computer. PLEASE HELP!: I recently purchased an HP Victus from Costco and since I got it today I keep getting these crashes that sometimes freezes my computer whenever I try to play a game. For Assassins Creed Origins it crashes on start screen while Crusader Kings 3 crashes on the interactive map...
  5. Event 4101 error keeps crashing computer. PLEASE HELP!

Event 4101 error keeps crashing computer. PLEASE HELP!: I recently purchased an HP Victus from Costco and since I got it today I keep getting these crashes that sometimes freezes my computer whenever I try to play a game. For Assassins Creed Origins it crashes on start screen while Crusader Kings 3 crashes on the interactive map...
  6. Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer: My computer have been freezing for the last weekI managed to solve the problem for a few days and now it freezes againthe errors I get in event viewer are:Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001The computer has rebooted from...
  7. Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer

Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer: My computer have been freezing for the last weekI managed to solve the problem for a few days and now it freezes againthe errors I get in event viewer are:Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001The computer has rebooted from...
  8. Event Viewer freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer freezes: Hi, After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes. I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property there is no way to select anything within the event viewer...
  9. event viewer, need help to fix this.

in Windows 10 Customization
    event viewer, need help to fix this.: any idea, Thanks. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-need-help-to-fix-this/aae3103d-3239-492c-8e53-48216f4a8f84
  10. Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer: Hello, I just upgraded from win 7 64bit to win 10 pro 64 bit and my pc has randomly crashed many times a day. In the Event Viewer at crash time, there is a Distributed COM 10016 error The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission...