Windows 10: Computer freezing/bluescreen when gaming

Discus and support Computer freezing/bluescreen when gaming in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello. I'm asking this question here because there is no way for me to fix this. Since the last weeks, my computer gets random freezes while I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Daniel98., Feb 6, 2020.

1. Daniel98. Win User

Computer freezing/bluescreen when gaming

Hello. I'm asking this question here because there is no way for me to fix this.

Since the last weeks, my computer gets random freezes while I'm gaming. I've unmounted and mounted it completely again, replaced thermal paste and everything. Tried unplugging USB, stressed the GPU and the CPU, also the RAM, but there are no failures during the stress tests.

The drivers all updated, and the GPU driver has been reinstalled too.

Today I got a blue screen, so I here's the dump:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhM3uWWS66ThbFw1PUUlVDc0r1E?e=ImigjF

Also a list of all the drivers installed on my PC:

https://1drv.ms/t/s!AhM3uWWS66ThbYMn3Yd6FccFGfE?e=BoTK51

The motherboard is a MSI X99A Raider, the CPU is a Intel i7 6800k, the GPU is a GTX 1080.

Thank you so much.

:)

Daniel98., Feb 6, 2020

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 6, 2020
  3. lyrala Win User
    Bluescreens / Freezes

Hey guys,

so i'm having some issues with my Computer. It randomly freezes up when playing games or browsing the web. If this happens no dumpfile is created. Sometimes it bluescreens and creates a dump file. I got 2 different Bluescreens and another one when i debugged my Drivers to check for issues.

Bluescreen 1: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP <- the dumpfile for this bluescreen will be in the ZIP file.
    Bluescreen 2: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT <- Sadly there is no dumpfile from this bluescreen so i can't upload it.

All right now when i read stuff up a bit i stumbled across checking my drivers with driver verifier. Then when i rebooted to start again my Computer didn't boot anymore.
    Before even loading my users it

Bluescreen 3: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION <- No Dumpfile aswell

So after resetting my Computer to a save point i checked every driver 1 by 1 to filter out which one is causing the issue.

The Blue Screen only appeared when i checked Intels driver hswultpep.sys

So now i'm kind of lost with what to do from this point since i cant find anything on the internet to solve this driver issue.

Thats why i'm here hoping for some help because this freezing and Blue Screening is really annoying.

Greetings

Lyra

lyrala, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Marby Rey, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer freezing/bluescreen when gaming - Similar Threads - Computer freezing bluescreen

2. Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing: This problem started a couple of weeks ago. So, basically, some games were randomly forcing windows to restart with a BSOD error. This happened with a variety of games, such as Teardown, Snowrunner, BeamNG.Drive, etc. I eventually got tired of this randomly happening, so I...
  3. Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing: This problem started a couple of weeks ago. So, basically, some games were randomly forcing windows to restart with a BSOD error. This happened with a variety of games, such as Teardown, Snowrunner, BeamNG.Drive, etc. I eventually got tired of this randomly happening, so I...
  4. Computer freezing when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing when playing games: When I play games after 10-15 minutes my computer completely freezes and I have to turn it off by the power button. However when I do this the next time I turn my computer on I am able to play games as long as I want without it freezing again. And then when I turn it off and...
  5. Computer freezing when playing games

Computer freezing when playing games: When I play games after 10-15 minutes my computer completely freezes and I have to turn it off by the power button. However when I do this the next time I turn my computer on I am able to play games as long as I want without it freezing again. And then when I turn it off and...
  6. LiveKernelEvent/Bluescreen 124 - Computer crashes when gaming

LiveKernelEvent/Bluescreen 124 - Computer crashes when gaming: Minidump: LinkDescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 124Parameter 1: 0Parameter 2: ffffe303bf0d2030Parameter 3: bc800800Parameter 4: 60c0859OS version: 10_0_19044Service Pack:...
  7. Computer Bluescreening/Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Bluescreening/Freezing: My computer bluescreened twice this past week with stop codes IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. It also freezes a lot, and it did reboot automatically once, but other times it would stay frozen for too long and I would have to use the reset switch....
  8. computer freezes when playing games

computer freezes when playing games: i asked a question about two weeks ago and never got back a reply after the initial message, it said 1 G o over this checklist to make sure the install is set up correctly, optimized for best performance, and any needed repairs get done:...
  9. Computer freezing when gaming

Computer freezing when gaming: This problem has been happening for awhile now. I will start a game with friends apex legends, COD and about midway through my pc will freeze and the rgb lights inside my case will go still. The image on the screen will stay the same and I'm not able to talk through discord...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...