Windows 10: Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions

Discus and support Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with Windows 10 freezing at random times. It happens when I'm playing a game or just being idle. The mouse pointer will still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aidan Robinson, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions

I'm having a problem with Windows 10 freezing at random times. It happens when I'm playing a game or just being idle. The mouse pointer will still move, and I'm able to open the start menu but when clicking buttons and trying to open the task manager, nothing actually happens. This leads me to having to force power down my pc. After crashing, the reboot process is much slower than usual.Things I've tried:- I got a new m.2 SSD roughly a month ago, and the freezes began roughly 2 weeks ago. I have now replaced the SSD believing it to be faulty. My pc worked fine for 4 days before freezing again.

:)

Aidan Robinson, Jul 10, 2021
  2. kaziczek Win User

The problem with the mouse. The cursor freezes

While browsing the web, the mouse cursor freezes. You need to reset the computer to continue to browse the web.

kaziczek, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    No mouse cursor

Hi,

It is possible that the system did not recognize the mouse of your computer after it booted up. This can be the reason why you do not see the mouse cursor. Kindly perform a power cycle to refresh the power of the computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Shutdown the computer.
    • After shutting it down, remove the battery (if you're using a laptop) and disconnect the computer from the charger.
    • Wait for 1 minute.
    • After 1 minute, attach the battery and turn on the computer.
    • Check if you will see the mouse cursor.

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions

Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions

1. Computer freezing but mouse cursor still functions - Similar Threads - Computer freezing mouse

2. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  3. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working: Hi, I'm experiencing Windows 10 freezes on the 1st startup, however, the mouse cursor is still working but unable to click anything and the PC was fine on working for few hours after the restart by pressing the reset button.It happened since early October and it was fine...
  4. Windows 10 freezes but the mouse cursor still working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Mouse cursor freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse cursor freezing: To start things off I use a Perixx peripad 704 wireless mouse. When I move my finger across the mouse pad the mouse cursor responds as it should but then it freezes a few seconds later. So what I do is run my finger quickly across the mouse to get it unstuck however a few...
  6. Computer freezes but mouse still moves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves: My computer has been freezing to where all my apps don't respond if I open any game BUT destiny 2 on the lowest settings. By freezing I mean I'm able to move my apps and minimize but can't close them. Also in discord my voice calls all stop taking audio and nothing with in...
  7. Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on

Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on: Hello, My PC keeps freezing up where nothing will work -- Office apps might open but not close, other files/folders won't open if clicked on. Yet my mouse will still move and my PC is still "on". I have brand new parts in my PC -- new RAM, new graphics card, new...
  8. Mouse cursor freeze

Mouse cursor freeze: Hello, My mouse cursor freezes from time to time which is very annoying. I only use Windows for gaming purposes. I spent the last 2 months away from my Windows computer. I came back last week, played a bit and then did the updates I missed. I noticed the problem after I...
  9. Freezes but mouse cursor and keyboard still work - must reboot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Freezes but mouse cursor and keyboard still work - must reboot: Greetings, I have what I think is a pretty unusual freezing problem on my Windows 10 machine that I'm hoping someone can help me with. This only started happening after I upgraded from Windows 7 64-bit to Windows 10 64-bit last fall. I did a fresh install on a brand new...
  10. Mouse Cursor Freezing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Cursor Freezing: I don't know if this is a repeat question, hopefully it isn't, but I'm not finding anything that looks like my situation. I use a drawing tablet and a mouse. As far as I can tell, this only occurs when I use the mouse, but it affects both. Occasionally the mouse will...