Windows 10: Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update

Discus and support Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So up until mid August my PC has worked completely fine but now for the last few weeks ever since the August 2019 Windows Update my computer has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Sakido II, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sakido II Win User

Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update

So up until mid August my PC has worked completely fine but now for the last few weeks ever since the August 2019 Windows Update my computer has been constantly crashing. At first I would get roughly 5 - 10 blue screens a day before I got fed up and did a rollback on the update and went to the previous windows version and the problem went away. But now I think it must've updated again overnight cause now my PC crashes almost 10-15 times a day even when completely idle. I've tested it out by leaving Task Manager open to see if there's any specific thing causing it but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I've been hearing that this problem has been stemming from the 1903 Update and I was wondering is there any way for me to roll back my windows version again even if there's no revert option on the windows update settings anymore.

:)

Sakido II, Sep 16, 2019

2. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 16, 2019
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 16, 2019
  4. vinsterX Win User

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Freezing/Crashing After Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Crashing

2. Computer freezes and crashes right after startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer freezes and crashes right after startup: So I have an Omen 15 laptop. It runs beautifully.However today after I downloaded blizzard and the overwatch game, it has constantly frozen up and crashed afterwards. I have no idea why it is doing this since I’ve had overwatch on my computer before and nothing has happened...
  3. Computer freezes and crashes right after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and crashes right after startup: So I have an Omen 15 laptop. It runs beautifully.However today after I downloaded blizzard and the overwatch game, it has constantly frozen up and crashed afterwards. I have no idea why it is doing this since I’ve had overwatch on my computer before and nothing has happened...
  4. Computer freezes and crashes right after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer crashing after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer crashing after Windows 10 update: My self-assembled computer 2017 did an overnight download/install Windows 10 update on Friday August 13, it finished updating when I turned on the computer the next morning, loaded Windows 10 and then started to crash. Initially, after logging into Windows and launching a web...
  6. Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly. Updated: This is an updated version of a question i asked a while ago. Here is the original question: "So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  7. Windows 10 Computer Crashing and Freezing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Computer Crashing and Freezing.: For a while now my computer has been getting crashes that seem to only happen whenever I have a light load on my computer like just running a web browser. Whenever I use games the computer doesn't normally crash either. Recently I have crashed once during a game which is...
  8. Computer freezing and crashing

Computer freezing and crashing: Most of the time my computer is freezing and its getting more often. but sometimes i get the blue screen as well here is the bug code 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000004, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8066dbc96b6. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report...
  9. Computer freeze's after a update.

Computer freeze's after a update.: Hello, My computer started freezing after a update. The screen goes all black and the display sometime be's really small. This did not happen before the new update. And sometime the screen glitches and Does not work, I have to shut it down By UNPLUGGING the Plug back of the...
  10. Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 crashing/freezing after update attempt.: Hi, I have a dell inspiron laptop running windows 10. It's around 5 yrs old and has been running perfectly. About two weeks ago it tried to downloading a windows update. Something must've gone wrong because I got a message saying something along the lines of could not install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc and recently been freezing then crashing