Windows 10: Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates

Discus and support Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello there!I updated something called BIOS alongside some other windows updates and driver updates 2 days ago. Ever since then any time I'm gaming and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Fofos3, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Fofos3 Win User

Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates

Hello there!I updated something called BIOS alongside some other windows updates and driver updates 2 days ago. Ever since then any time I'm gaming and my game gets more taxing on my computer the computer totally freezes and stops working. I can't move my mouse at all and trying to do ctrl+alt+ del does nothing either. The only way to get my computer to stop freezing is to hold the power button and do a hard restart. When my computer does restart I've gotten a variety of strange things happing. A few times after re-booting up and logging in my desktop screen was totally black but my cursor was

:)

Fofos3, Jul 14, 2022
  2. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Jul 14, 2022
  3. Should I update bios?

I would read the warranty before doing anything. If the manufacturer finds out you did something not on their approved list of steps,for example using a program they didn't list, or a bios, etc, they can treat your video card rma like you threw it against the wall , because if something goes wrong and you didn't follow their steps exactly ,it was damaged through human error and they're not likely going to be obligated to cover it warranty wise. I don't know for sure, I just advocate that you check first , and I also advocate that you verify that it's an actual update ,because very rarely do manufacturers release updates for gpu bios'. And they most certainly wont cover a GPU "update" if its a bios file written by some dude in the Ukraine, it has to be a set process, they have predetermined often.

jboydgolfer, Jul 14, 2022
  4. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jul 14, 2022
Thema:

1. Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates - Similar Threads - Computer freezing during

2. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  3. Computer locks up or freezes after bios update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer locks up or freezes after bios update: The bios was out of date on my Gigabyte z490 UD AC, it was working fairly well with the F5 bios version. and after successfully flashing it within bios with the newer F21 bios I am getting very consistent crashing during gaming sessions. Not sure if its a heating thing, or a...
  4. Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during gaming after windows updates and BIOS updates: Hello there!I updated something called BIOS alongside some other windows updates and driver updates 2 days ago. Ever since then any time I'm gaming and my game gets more taxing on my computer the computer totally freezes and stops working. I can't move my mouse at all and...
  5. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  6. Windows Update freezes during update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update freezes during update: I have an HP HP 17-cn0268st 17.3 laptop running windows 11 Home version 21H2 OS Build 22000.739. The computer constantly freezes during the updates and I have to turn it on and off many times to get it to work eventually. I have ran the trouble shooters, deleted contents of...
  7. computer freezes randomly Bios update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer freezes randomly Bios update: Updated my BIOS last week and I keep on getting random freezes on my laptop. The whole screen is normal but I cannot move the cursor nor access the start button. I cannot move my mouse or type anything. Eventually I have to long press the power button and the windows will...
  8. Computer freezes during update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes during update: I just reinstall my system and I install windows 10 (1809) During the automatic update (to 1909) my computer just freezes. I can't even restart it because it freezes during the loading. All I can do is to run troubleshooting options and run in safe mode. The problem is that I...
  9. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....
  10. Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Freezing After Updating BIOS: Hello Person Reading , I Have An Issue, Yesterday My Laptop DELL ( Windows 10 Professional Inspiron 3521 64Bit ) Started To Lag , I Contacted A Microsoft Agent , And He Said You Have To Update Your BIOS , And After He Said That I Went To Dell's Website And Downloaded The...