Windows 10: Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz

Discus and support Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I recently bought a prebuilt system from Cyberpower and everything seems to be running great besides every 30 minutes to an hour my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xNecrosys, Mar 10, 2021.

1. xNecrosys Win User

Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz

Hi there,

I recently bought a prebuilt system from Cyberpower and everything seems to be running great besides every 30 minutes to an hour my system will seize up and my speakers will buzz for about 3-5 seconds. The odd thing is this only seems to happen when I am browsing the internet or watching videos on youtube, twitch, etc. If I am playing games for hours on end I do not seem to run into this issue, at least yet.

I have had the system for about a couple months and it has not gotten worst so far. It does not seem to be a huge problem, just rather annoying but I would like to figure out what the issue is so it doesn't get worst and I can use my warranty before modifying this system. Any help would be appreciated.

Things I have tried:

- Cleaning system files

- De fragging all drives

- Checking for latest updates on graphics card and windows

- Running checks on drive errors

- Setting system to maximum performance mode

- Turned PCI express link state power management to off

PC Specs:

- i5 9400F @ 2.9Ghz

- GTX 1660 Super

- 8GB DDR4 Single channel

- Windows 10 Home

- 240GB SSD with windows installed

- 1TB HDD for other storage

Link to exact system: https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Xtreme-i5-9400F-GeForce-GXiVR8060A8/dp/B07VGJDKZ4/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

:)

xNecrosys, Mar 10, 2021

2. dead GPU and speaker buzz

It is not likely the speaker damaged other hardware but the buzz does suggest a grounding problem somewhere. If you unplug the 3.5mm plug from the computer's sound output jack, does the buzz go away? If so, then I suspect the speaker's electronics and the computer are not at the same common ground potential. This could be due to a damaged audio cable or damaged power cable for the speaker, or something internal to the speaker's electronics.

If the sound remains when you unplug the speakers from the computer, then clearly there's an issue in the speakers.

If you plug in a set of headphones to the computer, do you hear the buzz? If so, then you have a problem with the computer's audio.

Bill_Bright, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Endreasz Win User
    dead GPU and speaker buzz

The buzz never goes away *Smile Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz :) It's surely related to the speaker's components as its way old and its present even if the speaker is turned off (inner psu or power-transformer or whatever the hell I call it produces this sound). I'm sure because it's the same with every socket, every circumstances. Also other speakers or earphones dont do any buzz under the same circumstances with the PC.
    If I connect the speaker to any socket it instantly has this "discrete buzz".

I dont care about the speakers I'm just worried if this old piece of crap and its constant tumblerswitching (on-off) did some power unstability which was hamrful maybe.
    Thanks for the reply!

Endreasz, Mar 10, 2021
  4. studsr Win User

Random total freeze with buzzing sound from speakers

Hello all,

I hope someone can help me get to the bottom of this infuriating problem.

My desktop randomly freezes up, and a buzzing sound emits from my speakers. This can happen anytime, when writing a Word document, watching a movie, playing a game etc.

The reset button on my front panel will not reset the computer, the only thing that works is for me to hold in the power button for a few seconds, to switch PC completely off, wait a few seconds, then power it back on.

All drivers are up to date, and my motherboard has the latest BIOS installed. Dump zip is attached.

Many thanks,

Andy

studsr, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer freezing for a few seconds and speakers buzz - Similar Threads - Computer freezing few

2. PC freeze and buzzing noise then restart a few seconds after.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freeze and buzzing noise then restart a few seconds after.: Hi,So I was playing valorant and it was on crowded condition fighting with enemy. Then my PC crashed and made a buzzing noise, after a few seconds it restarts it self and went back to normal. I searched on Google and it is the bios version prob or sound driver. So I began to...
  3. PC freeze and buzzing noise then restart a few seconds after.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freeze and buzzing noise then restart a few seconds after.: Hi,So I was playing valorant and it was on crowded condition fighting with enemy. Then my PC crashed and made a buzzing noise, after a few seconds it restarts it self and went back to normal. I searched on Google and it is the bios version prob or sound driver. So I began to...
  4. Speaker Menu in Taskbar, freezes for a few seconds, after latest Update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Speaker Menu in Taskbar, freezes for a few seconds, after latest Update.: Hello. After update KB5023706 I have this small issue.When I click on the Speaker Icon in the Taskbar next to hour/date, it isn't immediately responsive.I have the menu all greyed out, for 3-4 seconds, as you can see in the attached image below, then I can use it.I use it...
  5. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: Specs: i7 - 8700k Asus Strix 2080 OC Asus Prime Z370-A Samsung 970 EVO Plus windows installed here Samsung 860 SSD Corsair Dominator RGB DDR4 3200MHz 32GB Corsair RM650x 650W v2 I'm struggling with random freezes, and I can't locate if theissue is hardware- or...
  6. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  7. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...
  8. My computer freezes every few seconds

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer freezes every few seconds: My computer freezes every few seconds, and i don't know solution how to fix it. Has it ever happend to someone, and do you know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-freezes-every-few-seconds/09e64bf0-1871-48e9-a59b-cf3044ee7e52
  9. Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly

Computer freezes for a few seconds randomly: So, I have been having alot... and I mean, ALOT of problems with my pc recently. I've managed fix most of them... but yesterday, as of me writing this, I have experienced that my computer freezes from time to time, and I have no idea why it does that. I've been reinstalling...
  10. Windows Freezing With Buzzing Sound In Speakers

Windows Freezing With Buzzing Sound In Speakers: Hello, i have got a new pc and it keep s freezing with a buzzing sound that plays through my headset and its getting annoying to far i have checked Memory Is Enough Cpu Or Gpu isnt overheating 45C While playing intense games PSU Im still unsure if this is the problem My...