Windows 10: Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

Discus and support Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ArdeaAbe, Apr 4, 2021.

1. ArdeaAbe Win User

Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

My computer consistently freezes while playing video game. When the computer freezes it locks solid leaving the last thing on the screen and the audio glitches out as well sounding like its just playing the last sound extended until I long press the power button. Event Viewer gives me a kernal-power 41 error.

This only happens when playing video games. I play games with a Bluetooth controller, the 8bitdo SNES Pro+. I've had this computer locking issues while playing: Phasmophobia, Valheim, Space Hulk: Deathwing and Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

I have NOT had this problem while playing games like Cross Code, Blasphemous and Hollow Knight

I've posted before and was recommended to follow Greg's help on this post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-randomly-freezing-and-restarting/e4164cad-0e5a-44b5-9867-5ea0dfebd317

I have now completed all these steps. I have fresh installed Windows 10. I have stress tested my GPU, CPU and RAM and they were all just fine. No shutdowns no errors. I've stress tested them all at once for a max power draw and it didn't cause the PSU to cause a problem either. I've updated my BIOS, my HD firmware and the drivers for every thing that I can possibly get my hands on and this still happens.

I'm at my wit's end with this problem. I'm constantly freezing while playing games and that's why I bought this PC.

:)

ArdeaAbe, Apr 4, 2021

2. Kernel-Power event id 41. BugcheckCode 0

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In-order to get more clarity on this issue and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, reply with answers to the below questions:

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Is this issue specific while playing a particular game?
    3. Which edition of Windows are you currently using?

A Kernel Power Event 41 can occur in the following scenarios.

Scenario 1: The computer restarts, and there is a Stop error BugcheckCode in the event data.

Scenario 2: The computer is shut down by pressing and holding the power button.

Scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang).

I suggest you refer the article on Kernel
    Power Event ID 41
    and follow the steps for the scenario that is causing this error on your PC.

Additionally, you can refer the article on Windows
    Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows

and check if that helps.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 4, 2021
  3. OneMoar Win User
    New PC randomly restarting, Event 41 Kernel Power

event 41 kernel power is pretty self explanatory its power related 41 only gets triggered due to a sudden loss of power without tripping a stop code or if the system hard resets without a BSOD

OneMoar, Apr 4, 2021
  4. Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

Kernel 41 Power issue

Hello,

When the computer shuts down or restarts unexpectedly, the Kernel Power Event ID 41 error occurs. Upon starting a computer running Windows, the system checks whether the computer was properly shut down. If the computer was not properly turned off, a Kernel
    Power Event 41 message is generated.

Regarding the error that you're getting, we suggest that you check the solution provided by

AndrewGeraci
    on this
    link

For more information regarding Windows Kernel power issue, kindly visit this
    article

Let us know how it turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 4, 2021
Thema:

Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41

1. Computer Freezing, Hard reset required - Kernel Power 41 - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Hard

2. Kernel-Power 41

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Kernel-Power 41: Hello, I had a one-time issue which troubled me somehow because I bought a system about which I diagnosed everything and couldn't find any problems at first. I'm using Win10 pro x64 and here's my pc specs;Gigabyte B560M H motherboardGigabyte Aorus rtx 3060 eliteIntel...
  3. Kernel-Power 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power 41: Hello,i having a ASUS TUF GTX 1660 GAMING OC i getting a error from windows in event viewer Kernel-Power 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.i getting...
  4. Kernel power 41

Kernel power 41: Few years ago my pc started crashing. Then i had windows 7. I changed my power supply and it was still crashing. 1 and half year ago i buyed new gpu and cpu but it's still crashing. I have 10 year old pc and it's maybe time to buy new pc but i dont have money for one rn. In...
  5. Computer Freezes Randomly Kernel-Power 41 63

Computer Freezes Randomly Kernel-Power 41 63: Its been few months and I can't solve this problem. So basically my PC freezes randomly. It freezes in games, browser programs, etc. For few seconds I can click on things and after few seconds I can't click on anything its just one frame but I can move my mouse and it...
  6. kernel power 41

kernel power 41: Hello my workstation HP G2 with windows 10 pro and windows and driver is up to date even my nvidia driver from nvidia experience i have this issue and i cant work because it's every time Blue screen Power State Failure with this Event Log Attached Below kindly i want to...
  7. Kernel power 41

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kernel power 41: Hello Sometimes when correctly shutting down my computer and powering it up back again , randomly this error appears I don´t know what to do since it does not follow a pattern I always had the same programs installed in my computer My computer has no bsods , does not shut...
  8. Kernel Power 41 Computer Reset

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Kernel Power 41 Computer Reset: Hi All, I'm running into some issues w/ Kernel Power 41 error and my computer turning off mid-game when playing Counter Strike. This hasn't occurred once in the normal operating of the PC outside of when I'm playing video games, and it's never happened previously when...
  9. Kernel-Power 41

Kernel-Power 41: I got the following error. My computer shut down completely. Can anyone help? Thanks Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 1/14/2019 6:55:14 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: (63) Level: Critical Keywords:...
  10. PC freezing; no BSOD (Kernel-Power 41)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC freezing; no BSOD (Kernel-Power 41): Been getting random freezes for the past month now and it's really annoying. Because they're not related to BSOD, I am getting no dump files to analyze. Event Viewer is useless too. The freezes aren't really that consistent; they happen maybe 6 hours apart from each other....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hanging due to kernel power