Windows 10: Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer.

Discus and support Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Built my first PC before new years. i5 9600k clocked at 4.4Ghz Msi mpg gaming plus z390 mobo 2x8GB corsiar vengeance ram clocked at 3200mhz Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tahmer, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Tahmer Win User

Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer.

Built my first PC before new years.

i5 9600k clocked at 4.4Ghz

Msi mpg gaming plus z390 mobo

2x8GB corsiar vengeance ram clocked at 3200mhz

Asus cerberus 1070ti 8gb gpu

1tb Ssd

2tb hdd

Windows 10 with latest updates

Plenty of cooling.

First time build, everything went smooth, everything seemed fine until I started playing games. It will randomly freeze and make a loud ERRRRR noise through whatever speaker I have it set to and I need to hold the power button down to restart the PC, then I can play again no problem until next freeze. I can play anywhere between 1 hour to 7+ hours before it freezes again making it really hard to test fixes and pin down. I updated my Bios and it seemed to work fine for a whole week straight until I added some fans to the case and then the problem popped up again. All drivers are up to date, I've ran windows memory diagnostics and that was fine. I've stress tested the CPU with Prime 95 and that went fine. I've even tried clocking my RAM to slower speeds and that didn't help. Still froze. I'm currently trying not overclocking the CPU by turning off Intel turbo boost in the bios, so it runs at 3.7Ghz but I haven't had time to test that yet. Any idea what my problem could be? It doesn't freeze doing anything else other than gaming. Games it's froze during are, far cry 5, ghost recon wildlands, fortnite, black ops 4 and StarCraft 2.

:)

Tahmer, Jan 9, 2019

2. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Jan 9, 2019
  3. Computer freezes randomly

So I dont remember when this started but my computer freezes randomly while browsing internet and playing games and I need to force to shut down. when it freezes my screen will completely freeze and it looks like an image, I have done memory check and
    sfc /scannow and it says there is no problem and I reset my whole computer too and it didn't help either so i dont know whats the problem help pls

Joonas_576, Jan 9, 2019
  4. Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer.

Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, Jan 9, 2019
Thema:

Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer.

1. Computer freezing randomly during games causing me to hard reset the computer. - Similar Threads - Computer freezing randomly

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  6. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.: So I just started having the issue where I got a blue screen for a watchdog violation, contacted some tech support and they told me it is software related so just reset the PC get fresh download of Windows and should be good. Well I went through the process of resetting it...
  7. During computer reset it will freeze or randomly restart.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  9. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  10. Computer freezing during game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing during game: Hello all, I have recently started having issues whilst playing The Witcher 3. Everything is fine for a short period of time after which my monitors will turn off for a short time before turning back on after which the game is frozen. This only started occurring recently....