Windows 10: Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues

Discus and support Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having an issue with Windows freezing and becoming completely unresponsive. in an attempt to solve the issue, i have run every diagnostic test i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chanocraft, May 19, 2020.

1. Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues

I am having an issue with Windows freezing and becoming completely unresponsive. in an attempt to solve the issue, i have run every diagnostic test i know of, none of which are reporting problems, and i have also completely wiped my hard drive and put a fresh installation of windows on it. The only thing i have found that might explain the issue is a series of problem reports in the diagnostic data viewer app that say that the WUDFHost.exe is experiencing a driver host process timeout. the timestamps of the problem reports seem to closely match the times that my computer froze. besides the timestamps, all the problem reports show up in 1 of 2 ways, both of which i will list below.

Problem report 1:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe
    Creation Time: 5/19/2020 1:55:15 AM
    Problem: Driver host process timeout.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem
    EventClass: HostProblem
    Problem: HostTimeout
    DetectedBy: 2
    UMDFVersion: 2.29.0
    ExitCode: 103
    Operation: 3
    HardwareId: HID\VID_0951&PID_16A4&REV_0030&MI_03&Col02

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: b06289a9214fd64b1c6bbfd926ddbd66 2047941394950896998

Problem report 2:

Windows Driver Foundation - User-mode Driver Framework Host Process

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\WUDFHost.exe
    Creation Time: 5/19/2020 12:52:38 AM
    Problem: Driver host process timeout.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: WUDFHostProblem
    EventClass: HostProblem
    Problem: HostTimeout
    DetectedBy: 2
    UMDFVersion: 2.29.0
    ExitCode: 103
    Operation: 0
    HardwareId: HID\VID_0951&PID_16A4&REV_0030&MI_03&Col02

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 359edf8bfdc33eb1b8507bdc83ca5da0 1752036442081222048

:)

Chanocraft, May 19, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, May 19, 2020
  3. Windows 10 freezes randomly

I had already tried turning off fast startup, to no avail.
    Will look at the list you provided, thanks. Hard to do when computer freezes on the Windows loading screen though. *Biggrin
    I had tried that as well... no result.

Mountain Dew, May 19, 2020
  4. Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues

Windows 10 freezes randomly

Hi,

To better assist you regarding Windows 10 which freezes randomly, please provide the following:

• Which is the last Windows update build you've applied to the computer?
    • Are there any third party applications that are currently installed?
    Furthermore, we suggest that you do a BIOS update to your computer. Here are the steps:

• Check the motherboard manufacturer's website to find the specific model of your motherboard.
    • Go to the computer manufacturer's website.
    • Look for the computer model that you're using.
    • You should find any available BIOS update.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues

1. Computer Freezing Randomly - Possible link to WUDFHost.exe Issues - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing Randomly

2. Random Freezing of Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Freezing of Computer: I've been experiencing this random freezing of my computer for a long while now. Typically I'll hear a brief buzzing noise from the speakers and the system will just freeze in place, then after a bit my monitor will go black. I have to turn off or press the reset button on my...
  3. Computer Freezing at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezing at random: so my computer will randomly freeze during times of high use or low use. the mini dump file just says this************* Path validation summary **************Response Time ms LocationDeferred srv*Symbol search path is: srv*Executable search path is: Windows 10 Kernel Version...
  4. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  5. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freeze issue: A month ago, my pc started to freeze randomly, no specific situation triggers it to freeze. It starts by very slow performance followed immediately by complete freeze that requires a restart from the case Start menu won't open and everything freezes. I tried to: -clean...
  6. Random freeze issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Strange issue with computer freezing at random.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange issue with computer freezing at random.: So this is a strange issue that I've been dealing with over the past month or two. Basically, the pc will run fine, absolutely nothing wrong, but then at some point, it will freeze, but it's not like it gets stuck on a specific thing, just at some point, it will freeze,...
  8. Random freeze issue

Random freeze issue: About 2 to 3 months ago i put in a new hard drive and a new solid state drive and moved my operating system over to my solid state drive, since then however i have had issues with freezing a random point and needing to restart my computer manually. I usually play alot of...
  9. computer randomly freezes

computer randomly freezes: hey there , so okey today computer screen did freeze 2 times in 10 minutes , screen just freeze and desktop picture stays , mouse and keyboard dont react , so in event viewer i found this , it happened once before few days but i ignored it and just restarted pc and it was...
  10. Computer hard freeze kernel 41 randomly. Possible hardware issue.

Computer hard freeze kernel 41 randomly. Possible hardware issue.: Hello everyone, I assembled my PC about a year ago and everything has been fine since 2 months ago. The PC just started hard freeze from time to time when I turn it on, browsing internet, playing games or just idling. Other than that, everything works perfectly. I did run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wudfhost.exe windows 10