Windows 10: Computer Freezing shortly after start up

Discus and support Computer Freezing shortly after start up in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LardLord56789, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Computer Freezing shortly after start up

yesterday I got on my fairly new computer and it froze up a couple minutes after i turned it on, the only way I could turn it off is holding the power button for 10 seconds. I have tried many things, please help.

submitted by /u/LardLord56789
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LardLord56789, Jul 5, 2020

2. computer freezes on start up

Hi,

I am trying to fix a computer and would appreciate any suggestions of help.

I start the computer, it loads, gets to the windows screen, the blue segmented line goes across a couple of times then the whole thing freezes in that spot, the blue line stops moving and that's as far as it gets.

Things I tried:
    F8 - safe mode
    - last known good configuration
    - Start Windows normally
    - (etc)
    When I tried these it just came back to the F8 screen.

Pushing 'R' didn't do anything (I was told this could make a repair) o.0 ??

Tried to boot up from an operating system disk by changing the boot up menu (delete) and this didn't work either. All it did was get to the windows screen and the blue line moved across a couple of times and it froze again in that spot.. exactly the same as when I try to start it.

I am clueless now as to how to get this computer working. Any ideas?

Kymberly_S, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Computer crashes after start up

No other ones no, the last time it happened, the fan became unusually loud during start up, it then crashed shortly after. Is it possible for a computer to freeze/crash from being too cold while running?

OliverSundin, Jul 5, 2020
  4. ted94 Win User

Computer Freezing shortly after start up

My new computer starts freezing after installing Runecape

I just installed Runescape and it said I had to update video drivers to get the most out of the game, well I I tried and it went through a bunch of required downloads, i decided to accept the downloads. i was able to play but i now my computer freezes. if
    i turn it back on it will freeze shortly after.

anybody know if the downloads messed up my computer, and if so any suggestion on what i should do.

ted94, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Computer Freezing shortly after start up

1. Computer Freezing shortly after start up - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing shortly

2. Laptop start lagging shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop start lagging shortly after start up: Hi.Past few days, my laptop start lagging shortly after start up for about 5 min. Mouse and keyboard moves very slow, the videos playing and other processes still running fine, and for some programs like Task Manager or service.msc when i click mouse on, keyboard and mouse...
  3. Laptop start lagging shortly after start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop start lagging shortly after start up: Hi.Past few days, my laptop start lagging shortly after start up for about 5 min. Mouse and keyboard moves very slow, the videos playing and other processes still running fine, and for some programs like Task Manager or service.msc when i click mouse on, keyboard and mouse...
  4. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  5. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Freezes after start-up: Can I reset Windows 10 without going through Windows?New computer, ~2 weeks old. Windows 10 programs have been freezing, happening with increasing frequency until now it freezes right after start-up. That is, it loads Windows, shows the home page with all my shortcut icons,...
  6. Freezes after start-up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  8. Short freeze after waking up

in Windows 10 Support
    Short freeze after waking up: Hi. WIN 10, 17134.1246 This is not very big problem (if any) but I wonder. Since few days, when i'm waking my laptop (Lenovo y700, i7, SSD), it takes him about second or two to show logon screen. During this second or two, there is a blue screen (not BSOD), and then logon...
  9. BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD happening shortly after Start-up.: I've been getting a BSOD occasionally. It appears to have something to do with "Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM", but I'm not sure. Can you please help? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The zip file I uploaded...
  10. Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Complete Freeze Short Time After Turning On Computer: After maybe 10 minutes, I get a complete freeze and I need to restart my computer. After many attempts of restarting, it usually works fine if it doesn't freeze in the first half an hour. I attached the log. I'd really need some help. Thank you! 19858