Windows 10: Computer freezing then restarting.

Discus and support Computer freezing then restarting. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Stffn_, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Stffn_ Win User

Computer freezing then restarting.

My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the system. Have DDU'd twice and run Windows memory diagnostic with no errors, not sure how to progress or troubleshoot other than trying to swap hardware out one by one. But I don't have donor equipment and with no way to replicate the problem on demand it would be hard to verify. This is the most recent message but they can var

:)

Stffn_, Feb 20, 2024
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Feb 20, 2024
  3. Frederik Win User
    Computer Freeze and then Restarts. Repeatedly

Hi Guys/Girls.

First off English is not my best language im Afrikaans and from south Africa. I Built my wife a computer that she can use in the office. it was fine for years.

So after doing a Gpu Upgrade and also rebuilding the Pc into a new pretty Pink case with Rgb lights etc. i now face random Freeze followed by restart. no error no Beeps Nothing. Computer can stay Idle for as long as 9 Hours at a time, as long as you don't use it Computer freezing then restarting. :) after you touch or move the mouse it will move then freeze followed by restart. then it will repeatedly startup to desktop few seconds then freeze and restart. until it goes to windows Repair screen or manually shutting it down Via Long Power button Press.

Winver Version 1909 Os Build 18363.1198

Things i have Tried.

I Replaced memory with new modules. " Single , Dual And Quad Channel" Problem remained.

I replaced the SSD Drive with a brand New SSD. Problem Persists

I replaced the Power supply with a brand new one. Problem Persists

I replaced the GPU with a New 1060. Problem Persists and now i have 2 Computer freezing then restarting. :)

i changed CPU with a new 1 . Problem Persist.

I Did Run Dism as well as sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f /r
    and note it was a fresh install that started with the issues.

only Physical item i did not replace was Motherboard.

Starting in safe Mode with Networking enabled. then i can use the computer to the max. no freeze no shutdown.

While in safe mode i do all the steps necessary for clean boot. Restarts Persist.

I used the V2 Log collector and attached it in my post.

im a average IT tech that usually identifies and solve my issues fast but this one has me down and out for weeks now.

Please assist and if anything else is required please ask.

Regards

Frederik, Feb 20, 2024
  4. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Feb 20, 2024
Thema:

1. Computer freezing then restarting. - Similar Threads - Computer freezing restarting

2. Computer freezing then restarting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing then restarting.: My computer will randomly freeze and restart. I've tried to replicate the problem but am unable to. It seems to happen with no rhyme or reason, could be back to back, could be after a couple of days. Will happen while gaming or just internet browsing with no stress on the...
  3. Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer will freeze and restart with no BSOD.: When I am playing games, randomly my computer will freeze and restart itself. I ran sfc scan and dism but the problem is still occurring. The windows error is as follows:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffffdf87fff62240,...
  4. Game freezes computer then restarts

Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  5. Game freezes computer then restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game freezes computer then restarts: In the past few days, I've been experiencing game freezes on Destiny 2 and Star Trek Online and then my laptop restarts automatically. I am unable to alt-tab nor ctrl-alt-esc, hence my conclusion then the Windows OS froze.I suspect it's a BSOD as just a few minutes ago, I was...
  6. Computer randomly freezing and restarting?

Computer randomly freezing and restarting?: Here is the error Log info:Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 11/12/2022 11:11:04 AM Event ID: 161 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-PMTPH7H Description: Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation. Event Xml:...
  7. Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts

Computer graphics freeze, then computer restarts: My computer has started randomly freezing the video output, but audio will still play for a few seconds before the whole computer restarts. I believe the issue is a faulty driver. I ran the driver verifier and was given the error: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION for the...
  8. Computer will randomly freeze and restart

Computer will randomly freeze and restart: Recently, my computer has been randomly freezing and restarting while playing games. There is no blue screen and no error codes or anything. When I check the reliability center it just says "Windows did not shut down properly". I have ran hard drive tests and ram tests which...
  9. computer freezes on restart

computer freezes on restart: running windows 1709 every time i restart i have to do a hard restart because the computer freezes before it will fully shut down and restart . This only happens when when i do windows updates. So i am unable to do 1803 update because of this all drivers are up to date...
  10. Computer freezes on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on restart: I have had a few issues with my new HP Pavilion Pc570-P027, and now a new one. Whenever I restart the system (click restart) I get a blank screen with RESTARTING in the middle of the screen, and that's it! I can let it sit for hours, and nothing happens. I have to hold the...