Windows 10: Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

Discus and support Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi,I have a problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, it freezes. The screen flashes colors, then black screens. After the black screen goes away,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JustAsking_605, Oct 1, 2021.

1. Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

Hi,I have a problem where whenever I plug in my laptop, it freezes. The screen flashes colors, then black screens. After the black screen goes away, the brightness raises and it can't be changed. Sometimes it freezes immediately, but other times there is a delay. It's happening consistently, and it started happening only a couple months after I bought the laptop.Windows is fully updated to the latest version. It's an Alienware m15 r3 x64.Is there something wrong with the battery, or is the cable broken?Thanks.

:)

JustAsking_605, Oct 1, 2021

2. Computer freezes when power cord is removed.

I would recommend running sfc /scannow again. You should run it until it completes successfully and shows no errors.

The last time I used the sfc utility I received the same response you posted. When I ran it a second time, it found corrupt files and was unable to repair them. I had to use dism followed by sfc again to resolve everything.

W10 Tweaker, Oct 1, 2021
  3. Computer freezes when power cord is removed.

Thanks. Sorry I've been a bit busy the last few weeks. I have ruled out the external monitor and power cords. The freeze happens when the power cord is disconnected. But it has happened with more than one power cord and both with or without an external monitor attached. I was able to avoid the problem twice yesterday by putting the laptop to sleep before disconnecting power.

- - - Updated - - -

Finally had time to try these.

1. I disabled the USB selective suspend and the computer still locks when power is disconnected.
    2. No missing drivers or alerts for drivers.
    3. sfc /scannow did come up with a problem. Come to think of it I haven't tested the laptop since doing this as I also had some Dell diagnostics running. Here are the results:

Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord. [​IMG]

CBS.log

blmiller99, Oct 1, 2021
  4. JS Melb Win User

Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

WIFI drops out unless power cord is plugged in.

Hi all, I have a relatively new laptop. I connect to WIFI via a mobile hotspot, pocket wifi or house connection. The WIFI will drop out if I don't have the power cord plugged in. When I don't have the cord connected and the WIFI drops out, the 'trouble
    shooter section' suggests that an ethernet cable is 'missing'. Maybe this is why it is stable when I do connect the power cord? Seems strange. Can anyone help?

JS Melb, Oct 1, 2021
Thema:

Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord.

1. Computer freezing when I plug in the power cord. - Similar Threads - Computer freezing plug

2. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  3. My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop periodically hisses and crashes when I plug/unplug the power cord.: I've only had my laptop System Model: ASUS TUF Gaming A15 for about a year and a bit and for the past month or so when I plug/unplug the power cord from the device my laptop crashes. Ill try to get a picture of the crash screen and post it as a reply to this...
  4. Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 screen power cord goes black for ~1s when um/plugging power cord: Hello folks, I had this issue and the locked answer was related to turning off virus protection not helpful The solution for me was to: 1. EDIT THE BIOS and DISABLE "boot when power is applied"I have a lenovo x230 laptop running Win10. This problem plagued me for over a week,...
  5. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: Saw a lot of discussion concerning this topic. Think I figured it out. As many of you have speculated it's not a Windows issue. It has to do with the OEM of your graphics chip. Most likely Intel or AMD. Each manufacturer has software that deals directly with the hardware....
  6. Computer freezes when power cord is removed.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes when power cord is removed.: Hi all. I'm not sure which forum this problem would fit into, so I'm starting here. I have had a problem for the last couple of months where the mouse cursor freezes immediately upon removal of the power cord. I have not been able to discover any way to recover aside from...
  7. My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Computer screen keeps turning off but turns on when I plug in the power cord: So I have a Lenovo Laptop and whenever I unplug the power cord the screen fades out as if my brightness is changing. Whenever I put in the power cord it returns to normal. But when I type or press anything it is still going through....
  8. Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change brightness when power cord is unplugged/plugged: Hi, so on my laptop I used to have this feature where my screen brightness would dim/brighten whenever I had my power cord unplugged/plugged (to conserve battery life, etc etc.), whatever happened to that setting? Currently it's just 1 set brightness level for both scenarios...
  9. power cord

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    power cord: i am having a problem not having to use my power cord i am currenty using my battery for now what should i do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-cord/4ea518d3-4d89-4628-860e-3aa6e6436739
  10. How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to disable Brightness change when plugging in or unplugging power cord?: I absolutely hate the automatic brightness change that occurs when I plug in or unplug my power cord. How can I disable this?!...