Windows 10: Computer Freezing While Gaming

Discus and support Computer Freezing While Gaming in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, and thank you for assisting me with my issue. So recently my PC started freezing randomly while gaming, sometimes 4 hours after a boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by max1h, May 1, 2020.

1. max1h Win User

Computer Freezing While Gaming

Hello, and thank you for assisting me with my issue.

So recently my PC started freezing randomly while gaming, sometimes 4 hours after a boot sometimes 30 minutes after a boot its random. Ill list my specs and the error im getting below followed by fix's ive tried that have not worked. PC ran fine prior to a week ago built this pc march of 2019.

My Specs are the following.
    CPU : 9900K base ckock speed + standard turbo boost
    RAM : Corsair Vengeance 16gb x 2 @ 3200mhz
    Mobo : MSI z390 Gaming Pro Carbon
    M.2 : WD blue 1tb
    M.2 : WD blue 500gb
    Video : EVGA 2080 TI Hydro Copper
    Cooling : 9x Thermaltake fans on 3 360 rad's
    Pump : Thermaltake d5 rbg
    PSU : Thermaltake 1050w

Crash dump directories:
    C:\Windows
    C:\Windows\Minidump

On Fri 5/1/2020 11:13:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\050120-8640-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C2390
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80331B73358, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 5/1/2020 11:13:16 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: pshed.dll pshed!pshedbugchecksystem+0x10
    Bugcheck code: 0x133 0x1, 0x1E00, 0xFFFFF80331B73358, 0x0
    Error: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION
    file path: C:\Windows\system32\pshed.dll
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver
    Bug check description: The DPC watchdog detected a prolonged run time at an IRQL of DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. This could be caused by either a non-responding driver or non-responding hardware. This bug check can also occur because of overheated CPUs thermal issue.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. The description of the module may give a hint about a non responding device in the system.

I've googled the Watchdog fix's and none of them fixed it.

Things i've done to attempt to fix this error. Non solved issue

Reinstalled windows clean install

Reinstalled windows on different Hard drives

DDU video drivers in safe mode with windows update turned off installed older video driver

DDU safe mode again with current drivers

replaced all usb devises + reinstalled all usb drivers

set nvidia control panel to vsynce off + power to maximum

Prime95 on cpu 12 hours pass

furmark 12 hours passed

memtest 4 pass's passed

used Seatool Hardriver checker all passed

not over heated temps never pass 50c while gaming

Ran cmd sfc /scannow - passed

M-Flashed bios - reinstalled bios drivers

removed memory and put other sticks in

ran Furmark + prime95 to trigger an error nothing did not exceed 75C temps

ran different games still crashed

Any other suggestions would be awesome im drawing a blank and have been at it for the past 10 days

Google Drive wont let me upload dump files so i sued Sysnative to extract my dump files.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1xPYLRuB0IGMMpQuTQfzId8-qp1NElDJO

Also ive tried to to the IDE driver, how ever im already on Standard, ive uninstalled it did not resolve the issue

:)

max1h, May 1, 2020

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 1, 2020
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Marby Rey, May 1, 2020
  4. Computer Freezing While Gaming

Loraine Mon, May 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer Freezing While Gaming

1. Computer Freezing While Gaming - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing While

2. Computer Freezes While Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Freezes While Gaming: I've been having issues with my computer freezing while gaming. I have to hold the power button to force it off because it becomes completely unresponsive, with the monitor showing a frozen image of the game I was playing. It used to only happen once every few months;...
  3. Computer Freezes While Gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Freezes While Gaming: I've been having issues with my computer freezing while gaming. I have to hold the power button to force it off because it becomes completely unresponsive, with the monitor showing a frozen image of the game I was playing. It used to only happen once every few months;...
  4. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa085e8082010Parameter 2: fffff8046e03af20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 2fecOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  5. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games: DescriptionA problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffa085e8082010Parameter 2: fffff8046e03af20Parameter 3: 0Parameter 4: 2fecOS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack:...
  6. Computer freezes and proceeds to restart while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. computer freezes while playing games

computer freezes while playing games: I decided to take my computer apart to clean it then put it back together and after I put it together whenever I play some games it freezes and on occasion makes a buzzing sound in my headphones it also seems to crash faster if I am in a discord call or playing a YouTube...
  8. WIN 10 Computer hard freeze while gaming

WIN 10 Computer hard freeze while gaming: Hello would like some help here as my computer just froze while playing wow classic, have not had any issues with the machine prior to this and also have not recently modified or installed any new software, there was a power outage last night but the computer came back on...
  9. Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games

Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games: http://prntscr.com/m78poi I'm using the above SSD, with a fresh install of windows 10 home, build 1809, which I switched to after I got this SSD. On idle, my screen will freeze for less than a second, for no reason, and it becomes worse during games, with drops down to 0 FPS...
  10. Random and recurring computer crashe/freezes while gaming

Random and recurring computer crashe/freezes while gaming: Hi there! As a last ditch effort I'm turning to you with a problem I've been plagued by for more than a year. Before making this topic I made sure to browse this awsome site for any similar threads, unfortunately I found no solution. I bough my computer from a serious...