Windows 10: Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

Discus and support Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by That1guy2007, Oct 30, 2016.

1. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

Hello,

I am having a bizarre problem that I can't seem to narrow down. While playing video games (Black Desert Online) on one monitor and having YouTube or twitch.tv up on another monitor my computer will eventually freeze and require power cycling. No BSOD no errors in event viewer after the fact directly related to the freeze. It can definitely be traced down to youtube or twitch with the game playing however. I have updated Adobe Flash and it didn't seem to change anything. I normally run Chrome so I tried IE (gross) last night and had the same issue, so it doesn't seem to be browser specific.

My video card is running at a cool 50-65 degrees so it doesn't appear to be an overheating issue. I have even tweaked my fan profiles to be a bit more aggressive for cooling. I have tried many different driver configurations and the same issue occurs. Yes, I do overclock my video card, but have rolled it back to default for the purposes of troubleshooting, even with it rolled back to default the same issue occurs. It doesn't seem to have an exact timing as well, sometimes it can be up for hours with youtube or twitch, sometimes it will only take an hour or so before it hard freezes. I have broken out my best Google-Fu but still come up empty. My power settings are all set to not hibernate, not sleep. I am running on a clean install of Windows 10 as well.

Some suggestions that I have rolled across are PSU related, I am running a 700w corsair that is only about 2 years old and with my configuration I don't think that is the smoking gun (especially since it only occurs with youtube, twitch open).

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

:)

That1guy2007, Oct 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 freezes

I purchased a PC a few days ago. When watching videos or playing games, the computer freezes. I have to perform a hard shut down on the computer. You can watch videos or play games for about 20 minutes before it will freeze.

JoshuaHuber, Oct 30, 2016
  3. Need help with Gaming Pc freezing alot

My pc will freeze on any game and it will sometimes freeze even when not playing a game like when i watch a video or movie

DanielDinger, Oct 30, 2016
Thema:

Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos

1. Computer freezing while playing video games/watching videos - Similar Threads - Computer freezing while

2. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  3. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes while watching videos: Hi. I have been having this issue for a few weeks. Whenever I watch a video, my pc will randomly freeze up after sometime sometimes immediately but usually every 10-20 minutes. It happens with any video platform I tried: youtube & netflix in both Chrome and Edge, and also VLC...
  4. PC freezes while watching videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer freezing and requiring reset while watching Video play back: As the title Says. After a recent Windows update not only have I started getting BSOD due to Netio.sys but also now while watching any kind of video Anywhere my computer will freeze. It then requires a restart to get going again. I have updated everything I can. I'm currently...
  6. Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games

Computer Freezes When Not Watching Videos or Playing Games: Hi all,This may be a strange problem as I couldn't find any similar problems on the web.The problem is when I use the computer it freezes in short intervals. I am writing an essay and while writing, some letters are not written, some letters are written triple times. It...
  7. Weird freezes while playing video games

Weird freezes while playing video games: I've recently been suffering from a rather awkward problem. Let's say I'm on an 8-hour binge of, say, League of Legends or Heroes of the Storm. During my first or second game it will unerringly freeze, but from then on, no matter how long I play everything is smooth...
  8. BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game

BSOD while watching a youtube video and playing a game: the bsod seems to always happens when i watch a Youtube video and play a small game like Zombidle. i've also had my computer freeze completely, as in the monitor is on with what i was doing but i couldn't move my mouse or do anything at that point i would do a hard reset to...
  9. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  10. Computer freezing while watching video?

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezing while watching video?: Not sure what's going on or if I should be worried about this but when I got up today and checked my PC (I had left it on while watching videos on VLC Media Player) I couldn't move my mouse or anything so I realized that it froze. I restarted it and about 10 minutes later...