Windows 10: Computer Freezing

Discus and support Computer Freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My old laptop freezes 15 seconds after boot, and I just happen to be in the middle of a windows reinstall, so it stops during the 'preparing' screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ConnorBrna, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Computer Freezing

My old laptop freezes 15 seconds after boot, and I just happen to be in the middle of a windows reinstall, so it stops during the 'preparing' screen. everything stops, all input sources i.e. keyboard, mouse, etc. don't work, is there any hope?

:)

ConnorBrna, Apr 23, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 23, 2020
  3. computer Freeze

Hi,

Software or driver conflicts after downloading Windows 10 may be causing the freezing on your computer. Answering the following questions may help us in identifying the underlying cause of the issue:

• Aside from updating to Windows 10, were there any other changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you getting an error message or code when the issue happens?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you already performed?

Regards.

Darian Tab, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Computer Freezing

Laptop freezes during Starting up on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Nguyen,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• Have you tried to perform startup repair of the computer?
    • When you say that "The screen was freeze, neither the Keyboard nor the Mouse responded.", when exactly the screen is getting freeze? Is it at login screen or while booting the computer?
    • When you switch on the computer, are you able see anything on the screen?

I suggest you to try to perform the steps which provided in the previous post and let us know the results.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer Freezing

1. Computer Freezing - Similar Threads - Computer Freezing

2. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS: Trying to play Honkai Star Rail may have nothing to do with the problem and my computer has crashed 5 times today.The first and second time, my computer froze and YouTube music played the last ~0.1 seconds of the song until I powered off my computer I didn't see if it did the...
  3. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS: Trying to play Honkai Star Rail may have nothing to do with the problem and my computer has crashed 5 times today.The first and second time, my computer froze and YouTube music played the last ~0.1 seconds of the song until I powered off my computer I didn't see if it did the...
  4. Windows 10 Computer Freezes, Then a While Later Turns Blue and Red, Then Crashes Into BIOS

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer Keeps freezing when I use controller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps freezing when I use controller: Hey, my computer keeps freezing when I bluetooth connect my controller or even with a wire. For example when i play kbm games its fine it doesnt freeze or crash, but when i use my controller to play games like fifa it will freeze after 5 mins. Please help me fix this thank...
  6. Computer Keeps freezing when I use controller

Computer Keeps freezing when I use controller: Hey, my computer keeps freezing when I bluetooth connect my controller or even with a wire. For example when i play kbm games its fine it doesnt freeze or crash, but when i use my controller to play games like fifa it will freeze after 5 mins. Please help me fix this thank...
  7. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  8. Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts

Non-Bluescreen Hard Freezing of Computer and Random Debug restarts: Hello Microsoft community! Ive ran into what I would deem my opinion as a software issue. I noticed my pc that whenever iI am watching a video, playing a Game, or just standing idle on my desk that the pc would restart randomly, albeit 30% of the time would get stuck in a...
  9. My computer is freezing, throwing codes and bluescreening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is freezing, throwing codes and bluescreening: I plugged in installation media, and see the purple screen. Im scared if i hit install now all my personal data is going to be erased. I have a lot of important files that i do not want to give up. What do i do?Also, when it froze, I saw my c: drive was at 100% utilization,...
  10. My computer is freezing, throwing codes and bluescreening

My computer is freezing, throwing codes and bluescreening: I plugged in installation media, and see the purple screen. Im scared if i hit install now all my personal data is going to be erased. I have a lot of important files that i do not want to give up. What do i do?Also, when it froze, I saw my c: drive was at 100% utilization,...