Windows 10: Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

Discus and support Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hbenthow, May 11, 2020.

1. hbenthow Win User

Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts.

I have a HP Compaq 6305 Pro. The details can be seen by clicking the "My Computer" button on the left side of my post. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1903 (OS build 18362.778).

For the last two weeks or so, my computer has been frequently crashing/randomly restarting. It usually happens after I've restarted the computer, frequently within 10 minutes of logging back into Windows after my restart. The screen goes black for a second or two, and then my computer is suddenly starting up (BIOS screen, Windows loading, etc).

Peculiarly, after each these random restarts, if I leave the computer running without restarting it, it won't randomly restart again, no matter how long I leave it running (even for days). But if I restart it (or power it down and start it by pressing the power button), it will usually run for 5 to 10 minutes, then randomly restart. Occasionally, the random restart will take a while to happen (a few hours or so). How much I'm using the computer doesn't matter. Whether I'm running several programs or no programs at all, the random restart will still happen.

I ran the V2 Log collector, and uploaded the resulting ZIP file to Dropbox. It found no crash dumps, as the crashes/restarts happen in such a way that no crash dumps are created (although information about the unexpected startup after the crash is recorded in the Event Viewer), but there might be other useful information to be found. You can find it at this link.

:)

hbenthow, May 11, 2020
  2. Grom0X Win User

Computer randomly restarting

Update BIOS with Asus EZ Flash 2:

Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts. [​IMG]

Grom0X, May 11, 2020
  3. SirLevir Win User
    Computer Crashing Randomly

As of today, my computer has been crashing randomly. Whenever it crashes, it restarts and acts normal until it crashes again. Can someone please help me. Thank you so much!

SirLevir, May 11, 2020
  4. focusbob Win User

Frequent crashes and restarts

Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent crashes/restarts. The system reliably restarts when attempting to wake from sleep. That's not the only issue though; the crashes/restarts also occur sometimes when the pc is "awake". Though I haven't witnessed it, I ran Prime95 stability testing (to see whether my issue was sleep related or more general) and woke up to the computer having restarted itself... Please help!

Attachment 133311

focusbob, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer frequently crashes/randomly restarts. - Similar Threads - Computer frequently crashes

2. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashes / restarts: My pc has been crashing at least once per session for a few months now, more specifically it restarts any time after being turned on, I could be running a game or doing nothing and anything in between and it would randomly restart.As far as I'm aware I haven't made any...
  3. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashes / restarts: My pc has been crashing at least once per session for a few months now, more specifically it restarts any time after being turned on, I could be running a game or doing nothing and anything in between and it would randomly restart.As far as I'm aware I haven't made any...
  4. Frequent crashes / restarts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random /Frequent crashing and system restarts: Hi All - ever since i have upgraded the OS Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 - my Desktop is crashing frequently and restarts. In the event viewer i notice many errors: From the application log: svchost 4544,D,22 SRUJet: A request for a node on an empty page...
  6. Fatal Crashes, Computer randomly restarts

Fatal Crashes, Computer randomly restarts: Hello guys I'm having issues with my freshly built computer. At least several times a week I will login first thing in the morning and find out that my computer crashed and restarted overnight. It seems to happen at random times and normally when the computer is at idle and...
  7. Frequent random restarts

Frequent random restarts: Hello, I was looking through all the old threads and hoping you could help me like you've helped others. Main issue I use my desktop almost everyday and started to get the occasional unexplained restart probably late last year - less than once a week. In the last couple of...
  8. Frequent, random crashes

Frequent, random crashes: Frequent, random crashes in Win 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/frequent-random-crashes/24ed4c0f-6417-4bf7-920c-2f146cdaa835
  9. Frequent crashes and restarts

Frequent crashes and restarts: Hello, I just built a new system (or really moved an old system to a new motherboard) involving a Foxconn Quantumian1 x79 motherboard and a 3930k processor. On the old system (HP motherboard), I was not having any problems. With the Foxconn, I am having frequent...
  10. Frequent and Random Restarts

Frequent and Random Restarts: A couple months ago, I got a new HP computer with Windows 10. First thing it did was to update Windows. I did manage to transfer all my files and programs, but practically from day 1, I keep getting the BSOD with one of two messages: critical process died or unexpected store...