Windows 10: Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive

Discus and support Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I replaced a failed HDD on my HP all-in-one 23-q114 computer with an SSD. I used the HP recovery manager pressing Escape key multiple times during... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RabiDe, Aug 18, 2020.

1. RabiDe Win User

Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive

I replaced a failed HDD on my HP all-in-one 23-q114 computer with an SSD. I used the HP recovery manager pressing Escape key multiple times during start-up and the recovery USB drive to complete copying the system files, which took 45 min. or so.
    A message came on the monitor that the computer will now restart several times and install drivers, etc. When it started restarting I pulled out the USB recovery drive thinking that all the necessary files had already been copied on to the SSD. The computer seems to be frozen after the first restart with an HP logo on the screen. Please advise if I need to reinstall the system again and if I should keep the recovery USB drive plugged in during the multiple restart phase. Thanks.

:)

RabiDe, Aug 18, 2020

2. Windows10 Recovery USB Media/Drive ( Create Factory Default Backup )

We regret the inconvenience caused, Let me help you to resolve the issue in creating recovery drive.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Do you get any error code or error message while creating a recovery drive?
    • What happens when you try to create recovery drive?
    As an initial step, I suggest you to disconnect any external device connected to the system (except mouse and keyboard) and the reconnect only the external drive to be created as the recovery drive.

You may also try to disable any anti-virus program installed in the system and then try creating a recovery drive.

Disclaimer: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it
    to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Format your USB drive, create recover drive, and check if the issue is resolved.

Refer to the link below on How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-win_upgrade/how-to-create-a-recovery-drive-for-reinstalling/58df9c7d-84de-4652-9952-8bac34abc6c5

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Aug 18, 2020
  3. How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

When the recovery drive program reaches the step to "select USB Drive" no USB drives are listed even though the USB clearly shows up in File Explorer.

CathyMiller3, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive

How to: Create a Recovery Drive for reinstalling Windows 10

I reformatted my USB to NTSB with the "Quick Format" box unchecked. Then ran the recovery drive program again. When the program reaches the step to "select USB Drive" no USB drives are listed even though the USB clearly shows up in File Explorer.

CathyMiller3, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive

1. Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive - Similar Threads - Computer froze during

2. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  3. Recovery drive from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery drive from USB: Hi, Running Win 11 and want to start using some backup for emergencies.For recover drive, the method below is easy to follow, UNTIL item 3 as it comes with a warning before "NEXT" which warns that all files will be erased. If my USB fails, and I do not get the transfer, does...
  4. Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fill RECOVERY D: drive from recovery USB drive?: I successfully created a USB recovery drive F: but I accidentally deleted the RECOVERY D drive that now is empty. Is it possible to fill back it from the USB external drive F: I created? How? Thanks. [ATTACH]...
  5. Reinstalling windows from recovery usb

Reinstalling windows from recovery usb: I downloaed the program from the site and my dead computer does recognize the drive and for at least 90 minutes it says SET UP IS STARTING. How long will this continue? Just let it run all night? help, please....
  6. Computer not reading USB recovery drive

Computer not reading USB recovery drive: Andre, I went through the steps to create a recovery drive on a USB stick per your instructions, changed the boot order, but the computer will not boot from the USB drive to begin recovery on a fresh hard drive. What am I missing? Thank you. Paul...
  7. Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.

Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.: I recently bought a Chinese tablet which has Windows10 installed but looking through the directories I find many entries that are in Chinese characters and I am hoping a fresh install will clean up any possible spyware that the tablet may have. I do not know if a standard...
  8. recovery of files stored as .lnk during back up before reinstallation of Windows10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recovery of files stored as .lnk during back up before reinstallation of Windows10: Hi everybody, recently I had problems with constantly crashing PC at work. The IT person said that we need to reinstall windows and I should back up my files.I did to by drug and drop to a server location. When I transfered my data back to reinstalled windows I could not...
  9. Computer will not recovery from drive.

Computer will not recovery from drive.: So, I have a PC that's set up for windows 10. Problem is, it got a virus that deleted it's recovery point. However, I used another windows 10 laptop to create a recovery drive. After I had (allegedly) recovered the PC, it still wouldn't boot up. Is there any hope for it? If...
  10. windows10 update froze during restart

windows10 update froze during restart: A blue screen appeared advising - collecting info and “we’ll restart for you” 100% completed but nothing appears to be happening? The stop code is DRIVER-POWER-STATE-FAILURE. Any ideas what i do now?...