Windows 10: Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart.

Discus and support Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To explain, curved edges are now pixelated, and certain colors look like they are being shown at a different resolution. I have already tried changing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IanNiesel, Jan 24, 2021.

1. IanNiesel Win User

Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart.

To explain, curved edges are now pixelated, and certain colors look like they are being shown at a different resolution. I have already tried changing the resolution and changing it back. It worked, but set the monitor's refresh rate to 60hz. Changing that back to 120hz caused the issue again. It is only occurring on a 2k monitor, the 1080p secondary monitor looks fine. Changing the resolution of the main monitor down to 1920 x 1440 fixes the blurriness, but of course I don't want to be unable to use part of the screen. 2 restarts did not fix the problem. My RTX 3080 has had some issues with causing the monitors to go black for a few seconds, but I'm guessing the PC freezing had something to do with this. I am going to be replacing it with a new 3080 soon, but I don't know if that will fix this problem. I reinstalled the latest GPU update, but did not remove that update first. I will include 2 screenshots from both monitors on the same screen to show the difference. The first is with the 2k monitor at 120hz, the second image is at 60hz. Looking at that on my 1080 monitor, both look the same... so it is only present on the 2k monitor. It is the most obvious with things colored red, orange, and other similar colors. In the NVIDIA control panel, the color format seems to be set to YCbCr422 for the 2k monitor, but RGB on the 1080p one. I tried to change them both to RGB, but it was instantly reverted. The game I was playing at the time was an older game, and it definitely did not originally launch at 2k, so maybe it not closing properly caused something. I remember that used to be a problem on older versions of Windows.Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart. [​IMG]Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart. [​IMG]

:)

IanNiesel, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 24, 2021
  3. Nitrome Win User
    Computer hangs up/freezes when running certain apps

Hello

A few weeks ago my computer started completely freezing. When those freezes occur the computer is totally unresponsive and requires a reboot, however they only happen when running certain programs.

Windows Version number : 1903
    When does it happen?
    • Playing youtube videos (takes a few minutes to freeze on average)
    • Starting certain games (freezes on startup)
    • Answering discord calls
    And i discover new sources all the time so i doubt this is a complete list.

What did i try so far?
    • Updating the drivers (didn't try to update the BIOS yet but reset it to default)
    • Sfc / chkdsk
    • OCCT (both CPU and GPU test, neither overheated/froze the computer)
    • memtest x86 (4 passes 6 hours, no errors)
    • Swapping GPU (RX-480)

By this point i was a bit lost so i tried using windows event viewer to no avail.

As a last attempt i tried to install windows on a new harddrive but the computer froze during installation.

I'm completely lost and don't know whether my hardware is failing or if it's some kind of software issue.

Nitrome, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Arrakis9 Win User

Random restarts

when you start the computer up press F8 repeatedly until you get a list of how to start windows, choose do not automatically restart on system failure. if your getting bsod's list what your getting here so we can further help you. IF the system is not getting bsod's and still restarting as you say then i would look into getting a line conditioner for your computer as you might be having power issues.

Arrakis9, Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart. - Similar Threads - Computer froze certain

2. Windows 11 looks blurry

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 looks blurry: Hey i just upgraded from windows 10 to 11, and now my browser opera looks blurry, everything else looks fine, both text and also videos looks extremly blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-looks-blurry/6b4e3689-ea94-45a7-aeb4-702c4df7804a
  3. Windows 11 looks blurry

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 looks blurry: Hey i just upgraded from windows 10 to 11, and now my browser opera looks blurry, everything else looks fine, both text and also videos looks extremly blurry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-looks-blurry/6b4e3689-ea94-45a7-aeb4-702c4df7804a
  4. The computer does not start after a restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The computer does not start after a restart: Hi, My computer is not working at all and I am beginning to think it was a virus or some kind of malware. I was trying to reset my computer, and after resetting it, it would charge for about 10 seconds, shut down, and do the exact same thing again. The entire percentage...
  5. Computer froze

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer froze: My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my...
  6. Computer randomly froze then restarted

Computer randomly froze then restarted: The computer randomly froze then restarted please help. I am worried about a bad part or perhaps windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-froze-then-restarted/fd4a7960-b53f-4517-b666-c5b4949f3f22
  7. My computer just froze and now wont restart

My computer just froze and now wont restart: Hello My son was on PC and it just went blank. It's a new computer Jan 20. It asks me on a blue screen to choose an option I have tried them all! It states it's running an automatic repair and that just requests restart PC or further troubleshoot. I've tried both to no...
  8. Certain programs look muddy, blurry.

Certain programs look muddy, blurry.: Hi there. So I've come across an issue that I've had for a while, but recently has become more prevalent. Some programs after a while start to look super muddy see in the attached image. currently it's mostly happening to the program called atom, and I have had it with...
  9. Blurry Text After Restart

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Blurry Text After Restart: Hi all, I have a weird issue with blurry text on my Asus notebook. I did a clean install of Windows 10 after the upgrade and installed all drivers and apps off the supplied CD. I have my text scaling set to 100% as 125% on the 1920x1080 screen looks too big. However...
  10. Some applications look blurry

in Windows 10 Support
    Some applications look blurry: how can I solve that? before windows 10 those applications looked nicer than now 17752