Windows 10: Computer froze

Discus and support Computer froze in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mrmystic4040, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Computer froze

My computer is freezing when im at the login menu. As soon as i get to the login screen, everything works fine for 2 seconds and then the pc freezes completly. Also, my keyboard and mouse dont work after that, even though they clearly indicate they are on. Before the issue my Nvidia graphics card started getting louder than usual so i decided to shut my pc down.

submitted by /u/Mrmystic4040
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mrmystic4040, Mar 3, 2021

2. Laptop Frozed

Hello,

This could be due to third party application conflicts, driver relates issues or components gets corrupted.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the make and model of the Laptop?
    • What is the error message that you receive?
    • Did you install any third party security application?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

As a basic troubleshooting step, I suggest you to run
    System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Method 2:

If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display, graphic and network drivers and check if it helps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

2. In the list of devices, you should see the Display Drivers.

3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".

4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.

5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

In some computer you may also see graphic drivers installed additionally, in that case, I suggest you to uninstall them by following the same steps provided above. Do the same for the other drivers mentioned in the post.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    froze screen

We appreciate your reply. Since you've already tried to perform a troubleshooting step to start fresh and the issue still persists, this could be due to compatibility, computer performance or not enough storage. We suggest that you check this

article
    to improve PC Performance.

Meanwhile, we'd like to know what update are you trying to install. We also suggest that you check this

article
    by MVP Andre Da Costa to check if your computer is well compatible with Windows 10.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Mar 3, 2021
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer froze

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Computer froze

1. Computer froze - Similar Threads - Computer froze

2. Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer froze, then certain colors started to look blurry after a restart.: To explain, curved edges are now pixelated, and certain colors look like they are being shown at a different resolution. I have already tried changing the resolution and changing it back. It worked, but set the monitor's refresh rate to 60hz. Changing that back to 120hz...
  3. Computer randomly froze then restarted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer randomly froze then restarted: The computer randomly froze then restarted please help. I am worried about a bad part or perhaps windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-randomly-froze-then-restarted/fd4a7960-b53f-4517-b666-c5b4949f3f22
  4. Randomly my computer froze

Randomly my computer froze: Today my computer screen while i was searching on google Froze and nothing works I tried everything, I hold power button to turn off my computer but when I turned on my computer again nothing comes on screen. This happened 2 months ago but after 10 minutes when it was off...
  5. Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer froze during Windows10 reinstallation from recovery USB drive: I replaced a failed HDD on my HP all-in-one 23-q114 computer with an SSD. I used the HP recovery manager pressing Escape key multiple times during start-up and the recovery USB drive to complete copying the system files, which took 45 min. or so. A message came on the...
  6. Help, I was using my computer as normally then it suddenly froze and shut off, after that...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, I was using my computer as normally then it suddenly froze and shut off, after that...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/szabog555 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i9vl4z/help_i_was_using_my_computer_as_normally_then_it/
  7. PC BSOD after computer froze during graphics card driver update

PC BSOD after computer froze during graphics card driver update: So I have a Samsung Series 7 Chronos 770Z5E w/ a Intel Core i7 and AMD Radeon HD 8870M graphics card running on the latest version of Windows 10. Yesterday I was updating the graphics card driver via AMD Adrenalin and the installation of the driver froze at 91%, and my...
  8. My computer just froze and now wont restart

My computer just froze and now wont restart: Hello My son was on PC and it just went blank. It's a new computer Jan 20. It asks me on a blue screen to choose an option I have tried them all! It states it's running an automatic repair and that just requests restart PC or further troubleshoot. I've tried both to no...
  9. I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.

I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help.: I had to turn off the computer when it froze. CTRL-ALT-DEL was no help. Sometimes it takes 10 minutes or more for it to work. When I turned it back on, it said Welcome" with the dots chasing each other around in a circle. I sat and waited … and waited … and waited. I turned...
  10. Recently today while playing Minecraft and I turned on a shader then my computer froze so I...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Recently today while playing Minecraft and I turned on a shader then my computer froze so I...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/UWOTOLDSPORTSY [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqqh03/recently_today_while_playing_minecraft_and_i/