Windows 10: Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout"

Discus and support Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday when I shut my computer down it ran updates first. This morning I come in to a frozen shut down screen. I did a hard shut down and then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DebraSeilhan, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout"

Yesterday when I shut my computer down it ran updates first. This morning I come in to a frozen shut down screen. I did a hard shut down and then turned it back on to a blue "Choose your keyboard layout" screen and the mouse and keyboard don't work at all. I can't get passed this screen.

:)

DebraSeilhan, Feb 14, 2019

2. My desktop is frozen on "choose your keyboard layout"

My desktop is frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout". My mouse doesn't work and my keyboard doesn't work.

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

jennybruzzese, Feb 14, 2019
  3. My desktop is frozen on "choose your keyboard layout"

I believe windows tried to do an auto update. The next time we tried to log in it was frozen on that blue screen, choose your keyboard layout. I have unplugged computer & tried to restart several times, it goes directly to the blue screen.

jennybruzzese, Feb 14, 2019
  4. Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout"

My desktop is frozen on "choose your keyboard layout"

Hi Jenny,

You may be introduced with a "Choose your keyboard layout" screen due to incompatible drivers installed from the previous version of Windows prior to installing Windows 10. For us to properly isolate your case, we'd like to get answers to the following questions:

• What exactly happened before the desktop froze?
    • Have you made any significant changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • If you're using a wired keyboard/mouse, have you tried plugging them to different ports on your computer?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 14, 2019
Thema:

Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout"

1. Computer frozen on "Choose your keyboard layout" - Similar Threads - Computer frozen Choose

2. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  3. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose your keyboard layout: HP Pavilion stuck at choose your keyboard layout after windows update November 2021 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/choose-your-keyboard-layout/2c46d677-79df-4290-b779-411cfb4b41a2
  4. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Choose your keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Choose your keyboard layout: My computer has been running Windows 10 for a several months. It recently booted up into a screen that says Choose your keyboard layout. The keyboard and the rest of the computer is locked at that point and can't go any further. I have seen a recommended approach for using a...
  6. windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout

windows stuck on choose your keyboard layout: i already have 1909 update and restarted 2 or 3 times its fine i disabled 2 services that aren't from microsoft and restarted that happened i need to have my data back on desktop and don't need to format is there any help [ATTACH]...
  7. Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen

Stuck on "Choose your keyboard layout" screen: I was playing a video game when my pc blue screened and crashed. Confused, I fired it back up again however, it took me to a screen that said something about automatic repair. Before that screen has any analysis, it takes me to a blue screen that says, "Choose your keyboard...
  8. Hp frozen at "Choose your keyboard layout" screen

Hp frozen at "Choose your keyboard layout" screen: Good morning, I have an HP 625 Laptop, with Windows 10. It works almost flawlessly with a few exceptions with errors that pop up regarding the battery in which I ignore. Upon startup, it comes to a black screen with Microsoft icon saying "Preparing Automatic Repair". A few...
  9. Computer constant choose keyboard layout then to choose an option

Computer constant choose keyboard layout then to choose an option: so today I was on and i reset my pc and it just randomly happened. my laptop was a lenevo g50 i unstalled a program and I just got stuckin a blue screen then i tried to shut down then it got to choose youe keyboard layout then i clicked US then got me to choose and option....
  10. "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem: Hey guys, is there a good tutorial here on how to fix this? I've tried a few different things in the past but wanted to gain some better ideas/knowledge. I believe that the computer was Upgrading to Windows 10 1803, and on Restart get's the dreaded "Choose your keyboard...