Windows 10: Computer fully locking for no discernable reason

Discus and support Computer fully locking for no discernable reason in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, Im having a major issue with my pc, in that it will completely lock up without warning, the cursor disappears and the whole machine become... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlyxBrooks, Jan 19, 2021.

1. Computer fully locking for no discernable reason

Hey all,

Im having a major issue with my pc, in that it will completely lock up without warning, the cursor disappears and the whole machine become unresponsive forcing me to force a shutdown. Annoyingly, these events arent listed in the event viewer, so its hard to get any details as to what actually happens.

So far its happened:

-When attempting to run certain games, but not all the only link between games is battleeye, but some battleeye games are fine

-When attempting to transfer files from the ssd to a usb drive

-when checking for windows updates.

Also on my list of issues is that the pc won't synchronise the clock, will slow down massively after a short while in use, wont complete any windows updates, among some other smaller issues that i cant remember as its been so long since theyve had a chance to surface.

Ive been trying to fix these issues for over a year now, and cannot find any mention of anyone having these same issues. Ive tried factory resets, updating every single driver, new power supply, monitoring stress tests, and countless other suggestions.

Im really at my wits end with this machine, so any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks all :

Pc specs:

Windows 10 64-bit

Asus prime x370-pro

Samsung ssd 960 evo 250gb m.2

Rog strix gtx 1080ti

Vengeance ddr4 4x8gb ram

Any other information that would be helpful, please let me know

:)

AlyxBrooks, Jan 19, 2021

2. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Jan 19, 2021
  3. make computer fully admin

there's something call 'admin' on a computer

making a 'user' an 'admin' does not make it fully admin - How to Change Administrator on Windows 10 : HelloTech How

there's certain files you cant access

and some software need to be open as 'admin' even tho you are already admin

so this 'admin' wording by microsoft is false + unhelpful cos it's not really fully admin

steps to make computer fully admin?

helpfixcomputer, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Computer fully locking for no discernable reason

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

Computer fully locking for no discernable reason

1. Computer fully locking for no discernable reason - Similar Threads - Computer fully locking

2. My computer is locked up for security reasons.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My computer is locked up for security reasons.: This is the recording that is playing on my computer a computer locked his aim to stop the legal activity If gutter has been locked up your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus to unlock the computer please...
  3. My computer is locked up for security reasons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is locked up for security reasons.: This is the recording that is playing on my computer a computer locked his aim to stop the legal activity If gutter has been locked up your IP address was used without your knowledge or consent to visit websites that contains identity theft virus to unlock the computer please...
  4. My computer is locked up for security reasons.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC Crashing with no discernable reason while gaming.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Crashing with no discernable reason while gaming.: So I mainly play Destiny 2 and my PC has been crashing quite often recently and when I check event viewer, I either get "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  6. PC Crashing with no discernable reason while gaming.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashing with no discernable reason while gaming.: So I mainly play Destiny 2 and my PC has been crashing quite often recently and when I check event viewer, I either get "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power...
  7. PC Crashing with no discernable reason while gaming.

8. Account Locked for no Reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Locked for no Reason: My Microsoft Account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has been locked for no reason. I entered my phone number and pressed "send code" and it shows "Usage limit exceeded. Try again tomorrow". I tried this almost everyday and still didn't work.I DIDN'T DO ANYTHINGI...
  9. Account locked for no reason

Account locked for no reason: Soo today I was about to play some minecraft but it logged me out and than said my account was locked and than with my phone number I unlocked it and logged into minecraft to start playing now but I saw that it says play demo and now my 3 years old minecraft account has...
  10. Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer gets locked for no reason without warning: I got a dell inspiron 1525 second hand about a year ago. Since then, when in a WiFi area i tried to keep updating my windows pro with no success (took too long using public WiFi ha ha). Now i have my own WiFi and after a week or so i found out that windows 10 version 18**...