Windows 10: Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

Discus and support Computer gets locked for no reason without warning in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I got a dell inspiron 1525 second hand about a year ago. Since then, when in a WiFi area i tried to keep updating my windows pro with no success (took... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Diana-Morrissey, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

I got a dell inspiron 1525 second hand about a year ago. Since then, when in a WiFi area i tried to keep updating my windows pro with no success (took too long using public WiFi ha ha). Now i have my own WiFi and after a week or so i found out that windows 10 version 18** is no longer "supported" (no wonder it wasn't working!).

I then installed the windows update assist to install the newer version of windows (1903) and am now while im using it the computer goes BSOD and says locked. If i wait a few minutes and hit the power button it sometimes turns back on, otherwise I have to perform a hard shut down and then restart.

This computer has 2 major issues. First is an error code 2000 0146 and the other is that I need to update the BIOS but my battery is shot so I have to force the update. Unfortunately I cant even begin to fix these other issues when this computer keeps shutting down.

Earlier i read an article relating to the lock screen about going into the group policy editor and enabling the "do not display the lock screen" but i'm not too sure that's what the problem is because it discussed other users.

Anyway I really want to fix this computer but this "locked" computer situation is not helping me at all.

I hope to be able to fix this issue so i can deal with the other issues without "bricking" this dinosaur. Any ideas?

:)

Diana-Morrissey, Sep 14, 2019

2. TPM warning locked up

Hi Ron,

There are several reasons why a Black Screen error occurs, one of which is file corruption. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this happening?
    • Does this happen all the time?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We suggest that you follow this
    guide
    to troubleshoot this issue.

Feel free to post back should you need further assistance.

Katrina Men, Sep 25, 2019
  3. computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

Lock screen not working properly on Windows 10 computer.

Hi Oshith,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in lock screen settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "It is not flapped over to password when clicking", you tried to check the issue by clicking through external mouse?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the picture of the lock screen and also try to update Display Adapter driver.

Step 1: I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Step 2: I recommend you to update the latest driver for display adapter in Device Manager.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Then type “devmgmt.msc” without the quotes and hit on
    Enter Key.

3. Expand Display Adapter.

4. Right click on the driver and click on Update driver software.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Computer gets locked for no reason without warning

1. Computer gets locked for no reason without warning - Similar Threads - Computer gets locked

2. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  3. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Restarting Without Warning: Hello!My computer has been randomly restarting several times over the past couple of months and I'm trying to investigate why.Here is the error message:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000002,...
  4. Computer Restarting Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows is restarting for no reason and without warning.: Hello, I just want to ask real quick about this. But my laptop restarts without warning occasionally. It typically does this sometime after 10 PM. I looked up the causes of this problem:Computer overheatingMalwareOut of powerFailed hardwareBut it's none of these. This problem...
  6. computer is shutting down without warning

computer is shutting down without warning: My win10 home shuts down without warning since a few days. It does not matter whether it's on high load or just idling. It will just shut down. It does not crash, nor bsod, windows just shuts down. I have since tried a lot of solutions, from changing power settings to...
  7. Computer restarting without warning

Computer restarting without warning: Recently, my computer has been restarting without warning. These are the problem details for a recent restart: Source: Windows Summary: Hardware error Date: ‎3/‎31/‎2020 5:31 PM Status: Not reported Description: A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop...
  8. Computer restarting without warning

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarting without warning: I am running Windows 10 on a 5 year old tower and have an unusual problem of the computer suddenly closing down and restarting without warning, 2 or 3 time per day. Only common observations are that the fault often but not always occurs about 3 to 5 minutes after it has been...
  9. Verbal warning that computer is locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Verbal warning that computer is locked: every time i open my laptop an audio message says that the registration has been locked and not to close or restart the computer. It says to call Microsoft support but does not provide a phone number. Is this legit?...
  10. Computer restarts randomly without warning.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer restarts randomly without warning.: Hi everyone Ever since I bought this computer a year ago, my computer randomly crashes. It's often about 20 - 30 minutes after starting up, but not always. Sometimes it can be after several hours' use. There's no warning; nothing comes up to tell me the computer will...