Windows 10: Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open?

Discus and support Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So my father purchased my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop back in August 2017, and I had loved it so far. It still works fine, but ever since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tommy Sheehan_977, May 30, 2019.

1. Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open?

So my father purchased my Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series laptop back in August 2017, and I had loved it so far. It still works fine, but ever since around November last year in 2018, I had noticed that when I play games, my PC's cooling fan runs louder than it normally does. It's even worse now, it will get a little bit hot with no programs open on my desktop! It will always turn on its cooling fan even for the smallest of games, which it had not before. Me, being a casual gamer, I get distracted by the loud humming of my cooling fan which I had never had to deal with in the past two years. I feel like dust isn't a cause of the sudden increase in heat, because I disabled a process called "Antimalware Service Executable" about a month ago, and ever since then, my PC has been a little bit cooler. I feel like it's a hidden process, most likely malware, that is straining my CPU and GPU. I've tried looking in task manager, and even third party tools, but didn't find anything eating up my CPU, disk usage, etc. Does anyone know of any malicious software or scams that could be causing this? Or do you simply think it's dust from over the past year and a half I've had my PC? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:)

Tommy Sheehan_977, May 30, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, May 30, 2019
  3. I am unable to open at least 2 programs and getting an error message ......SysRest.dll is missing from the computer

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to uninstall the program and then try installing it in compatibility mode and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Uninstall the programs.

Refer to the below steps:

• Press Windows + x on the keyboard.

• Select Programs and features.

• Select the Win program uninstaller and IObit uninstaller
      and click on uninstall.

Step 2: Install the program in compatibility mode.

To know how to install a program in compatibility mode, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us if the issue still persists. We are here to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, May 30, 2019
  4. Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open?

when I start my computer

Hi,

To get better clarity on the issue, kindly answer the questions below:

• What is the specific program that you are trying to delete?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?

One way to locate the Startup programs is to open Task Manager. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click More details.
    • Choose Startup tab.
    • Right-click on the program that you are trying to locate.
    • Click Open file location.

If it is a part of a startup program, then it is normal that the said error message is prompted since the system is trying to boot the program. We suggest you run Safe mode before doing the said instructions above.

Let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open?

1. Computer getting hotter than normal with no programs open? - Similar Threads - Computer getting hotter

2. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  3. More frequent than normal BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    More frequent than normal BSODs: My current laptop, a Dell G15 5510 running windows 11 has been getting more blue screens than any laptop ive had before. Most have error codes relating to the gpu driver, but the nvidia drivers are up to date from nvidias app. Here are the Minidumps and system information...
  4. Taskbar taller than normal?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar taller than normal?: Hi all,So on my work PC, the Windows 11 task bar on my secondary monitors sometimes it only shows on one is taller than normal, as if you resized it by one on Windows 10. Sometimes hiding/showing the task bar fixes the issue, though it always comes back.I haven't had much...
  5. Taskbar taller than normal?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar taller than normal?: Hi all,So on my work PC, the Windows 11 task bar on my secondary monitors sometimes it only shows on one is taller than normal, as if you resized it by one on Windows 10. Sometimes hiding/showing the task bar fixes the issue, though it always comes back.I haven't had much...
  6. CPU running hotter than usual while running any task

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU running hotter than usual while running any task: Hi. I have an MSI GL63 laptop with i7 9750h and gtx 1660ti. The laptop has good thermals and I have undervolted it to -130mv using throttlestop. The game that I play most often is FIFA 19. Usually, while running this game with max fans the CPU temperatures used to stay under...
  7. Desktop icons are wider than normal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons are wider than normal: [ATTACH] I turned on my pc this morning and realised the icons were spread apart more than normal. I realised quickly that the icons were wider. Does anyone know a solution to make them square (less wide) again? This is what I am talking about submitted by /u/ialfiree...
  8. software made my computer run hotter need help to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    software made my computer run hotter need help to fix.: hi. I used this software called "video card stability test" and it made my computer run hotter. it increase my cpu and gpu idle temps from 30c to 45c . here is a link to the software http://www.freestone-group.com/ . how to fix?...
  9. I can’t open more than one program

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can’t open more than one program: This issue showed up after Windows 10 update, I can’t have more than one program. I should maximize the program to get it work but minimize the other. I also have problem with the mouse because double click is not working, I can open the programs with right click only....
  10. Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main

in Windows 10 Support
    Forcing a program to open on the second monitor rather than the main: I have my TV connected to HDMI and a small, old monitor connected to VGA on a Radeon 4600 video card. I have Kodi (multimedia player) set to open full screen when the default user account logs in and it does so on the main monitor which is my TV. I have the smaller, older...