Windows 10: Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

Discus and support Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've tried the option of "Never" under the Change plan settings, but it doesn't work. Please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by flee28, Mar 1, 2019.

1. flee28 Win User

Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

I've tried the option of "Never" under the Change plan settings, but it doesn't work. Please help.

:)

flee28, Mar 1, 2019
  2. VojtechUR Win User

After waking up, computer goes sleep again after short interval of inactivity.

I have set that my computer can never go to sleep on its own. Which works until I activate sleep mode. When I wake it up, it goes to sleep on its own after very short interval of inactivity (like a minute). It is very annoying and I do not know what to
    do. I have been experiencing this issue since fall update.

VojtechUR, Mar 1, 2019
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 1, 2019
  4. Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

Windows 10 puts computer to sleep after a few minutes of inactivity

Windows 10 shuts down the display and puts my computer to sleep after just a few minutes (2 to 3) of inactivity. I have the power and sleep settings on 1 hour for both battery and plugged in. Any suggestions to keep the computer running?

DanBaechle, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity

1. Computer go to sleep after a short span of inactivity - Similar Threads - Computer sleep short

2. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep: I have my son's computer set to turn on the screensaver after 15 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. However, neither of these occurs. The computer is up to date and I've double checked the settings and can't find anything wrong. I suspect a program is preventing it...
  3. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I set my computer to sleep on 30 mins. I got back after 2 hours and it still up. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/e3585b70-c85e-4b42-b53a-be05630f4f32
  4. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  5. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  6. Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Displays go to sleep, then wake up shortly after, then stay asleep: Ongoing issue with computer displays waking up. I have my monitors set to go to sleep at 3 minutes. Some time after (3-10 minutes) they go to sleep, they will wake back up and then go to sleep again after 3 minutes. After it does it once, doesn't seem to happen again. It's...
  7. Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Freezing After Short Inactivity: So im having this problem over a week now and I just cant find a solution for it.The problem is that if im not using my pc for more than 15-20 min, it suddenly freezes and the only way to fix it is by hard resetting the pc using the power button. At first I thought it was a...
  8. Computer will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not go to sleep: Problem started 4-5 days back. I tried removing the Dec 12 update which didn't fix the issue. Specs: Custom Built. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix E570 Windows 10 Installed updates: December 8, 2020—KB4592438 OS Builds 19041.685 and 19042.685 November 10, 2020—KB4586781...
  9. sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sculptor mouse tends to "go back" for no reason after a short period of inactivity: I recently upgrade the old MS bluetooth keyboard and mouse to the newer version SCULTOR keyboard and mouse. Since installation, if the mouse is untouched and inactive for a short amount of time while I am typing, it tends to JUMP back to the previous page you can imagine...
  10. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not going to sleep: My computer will not go to sleep, I have tried changing the times the screen will shut off and the time that the computer will actually go into hibernation and it just never turns off. I will head to bed and I will wake up and it will still be on!! Does anyone know what is...