Windows 10: Computer goes back to sleep after waking

Discus and support Computer goes back to sleep after waking in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by bru, Aug 10, 2016.

1. BRU
    bru Win User

Computer goes back to sleep after waking

On my oldest laptop which was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10 I am having a problem with the Sleep function that seems different from anything I have found via search.

When the computer is woken up from sleep it will sometimes immediately go back to sleep. This happens occasionally, not every time it is woken, and once it stays awake there is no other issue. Wondering what I should look at in Power Management (if that is indeed where I should focus) to solve this? Thank you

:)

2. RodMe Win User

Pressing enter no longer wakes computer from sleep mode

Problem just started a few weeks ago. Computer will wake itself, for a few seconds, after being in sleep mode for only a few minutes, Then it goes back to sleep. However, pressing enter after that point no longer wakes machine. I need to use power button.

RodMe, Aug 10, 2016
  3. MSuser89 Win User
    computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10

computer wake up from sleep mode by itself windows 10 right when in goes into sleep mode. so it wakes up immediately after going into sleep mode. how to fix?

MSuser89, Aug 10, 2016
  4. BRU
    bru Win User

Bumping. Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this? Very odd behavior, occasionally going to sleep immediately after waking. Only happens on the one computer and AFAICT all share the same settings in terms of Power Management.

5. Same issue. When I wake the computer it immediately goes back to sleep. After a few tries it will stay awake though.

exzacklyright, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer goes back to sleep after waking - Similar Threads - Computer goes sleep

2. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  3. Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop wakes up and immediately goes back to sleep: I've been enjoying my laptop doing as the title of this post says. I can put it to sleep or it will go to sleep on its own. In a few minutes, the screen will flash on then it will go back to sleep again. I've gone through the Network Adapters / Keyboard / Mouse and unchecked...
  4. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  5. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation: Hi,I have a HP EliteBook 840 G1 with Windows 10.I am looking to put my laptop to sleep/hibernation each night at a set time. Then the scheduler will wake the PC at a set time and run a .bat file. The Windows scheduler wakes the PC fine but after a few minutes it goes back to...
  6. Task scheduler wakes from sleep/hibernation but PC then goes back to sleep/hibernation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  8. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  9. Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.

Computer goes to sleep and refuses to wake up.: I use an OptiPlex 3050 at work. I restarted the computer to install the updates. It restarted and then went to sleep. The power button flashes orange three times and white six times. I have to hold the power button for it to go off. When I hit the power button again it shows...
  10. Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it

Machine goes to sleep, can't wake it: I have Windows 10 installed and after I leave it for a while, it goes to sleep. A large percentage of the time (though not always) I am not able to wake it. I've gone through power management and told it NOT to turn off display and NOT to put the computer to sleep....