Windows 10: Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.

Discus and support Computer goes into disk checking on every startup. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer lately has been going into disk checking on every boot, the only drive it does scan and repair is my C: Drive, I remember this happening... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pranay Sawant, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.

My computer lately has been going into disk checking on every boot, the only drive it does scan and repair is my C: Drive, I remember this happening after some issue with my hard drive, my PC went into the bios screen to say that'no bootable drive detected' it did get fixed however, but since then my computer's been going into disk checking on pretty much every startup.

I'm sorry if this is a repetitive question with the answer already on this forum, I didn't happen to come across the appropriate one, I'd really appreciate some help

:)

Pranay Sawant, Oct 22, 2020

2. Disk Check Issue?

I'm having the Disk Check issue again. However, this time, I can't use Startup Repair to fix it. Can you address this?

JackAttack95, Oct 22, 2020
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.

Disk Check Issue?

Hi Jack,

I suggest you to perform a Startup repair by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer goes into disk checking on every startup.

1. Computer goes into disk checking on every startup. - Similar Threads - Computer goes disk

2. Disable Check disk on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable Check disk on startup: At Every boot, Windows ask for a check disk. I tried CMD commands, Regedit but none seems to work. What is the permanent solution for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-check-disk-on-startup/0dded1d6-944f-40a6-9a30-297913814366
  3. Disk check running on every startup.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk check running on every startup.: Hello, for several months now I am facing a problem. My pc runs the chkdks on every startup, apparently unsuccessfully, as ever anything happens. I've tried unmarking the disk from the "dirty" status it is tagged with no success. When I let the scan do it's thing, it is...
  4. Disk check running on every startup.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk check running on every startup.: Hello, for several months now I am facing a problem. My pc runs the chkdks on every startup, apparently unsuccessfully, as ever anything happens. I've tried unmarking the disk from the "dirty" status it is tagged with no success. When I let the scan do it's thing, it is...
  5. Disk check running on every startup.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Disk check on every startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk check on every startup: Hi all. Recently my PC started to run disk check on every startup. I let it run and repair, but it doesn't do anything really. When I run the disk checker on Windows itself it says that my drive has a problem and it needs to restart in order to solve it. But nothing gets...
  7. Check Disk on Startup

Check Disk on Startup: So I have a windows 10 pc. Every time I start it, it runs check disk. I searched it up, and it says that check disk is triggered by improper system shutdowns, failing hard drives, and malware infection. I am not sure if I have any of these. (I didn’t shut my pc down...
  8. Disk Check on startup

Disk Check on startup: After I started my system, it began a disk Check out of the blue. Before that, it was turned off normally. What does it mean? Is it alarming or I should ignore it. It happened only once. submitted by /u/CptGiorgis [link] [comments]...
  9. Disk Checking on Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking on Startup: Hello. I own an Acer Swift 3 which I have the fear of it breaking. When I start up my computer, I see the message "Press any key to skip disk checking in # seconds." I always skip it, but then, I always have this question that comes up. The question that I have is "What...
  10. Disk Checking at Startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Checking at Startup: Hi Guys, I have been using Windows 10 for a while now with no issues, I currently have three HDD's installed in the PC, one that's used to boot windows, a secondary 250GB for extra storage and a 1TB drive to store\stream movies from. I was aware my 1TB HDD was not 100%...